New and improved New Member night run - March 11th (Updated)

sixstringsteve

Welcome Jason! I'm just up the road in Lehi, it's nice to have some more guys local to me. I'm glad you'll be making it up there. Be sure to say hi.

By the way, have you seen that commander on 35's with the zebra paint job? I love that thing.

Manlaan

So, a buddy and I went up Rattlesnake today for our first time in my 02 Tacoma and his Jeep. Few places I'm glad I had rear lockers, and I'm sure I missed the hard lines many places. I tried to take the hardest lines I could while staying on the obvious trail, but there just didn't seem like all that many and bypasses for things that really shouldn't need bypasses for. I'm really looking forward to someone showing me the harder lines, as it just seemed almost too easy. We did have to go around that large step towards the beginning, but I think it was just too wet.

It was really wet and muddy out there, specially higher up, but even friends slicks (ok, not quite, but just about) did everything I did.

I already asked Tacoman99 to drive me up there for part 2 to show me what the truck can do, but if he's unable to, I'd like to request riding with someone taking the hard lines if possible. ;)

Oh, btw, a friend will be bringing his Jeep along on Friday as well. Rubicon (front/rear lockers) on 31's or 32's, sway bar disconnects, winch, etc. Same level of experience as myself (we've done some things, but everything we've done, we've had to figure out the hard way and far from experts/feel like we have a lot to learn).

I have a couple FRS radios. Any use to bring? We haven't invested in CB yet and have been using these ok, but if no one else is, its kinda pointless to bring them.

sixstringsteve

rattlesnake isn't a very tough trail, but there are some lines that your truck can't do. I won't be taking them, but I'm sure someone in the group will take 'em.

ok after checking the weather here's my plan.

i'm gonna cruise out there friday during the day and see how muddy and sloppy it is, if it very minimal mud you can count me in for both runs and i could put my back seat in for a couple extra's if needed

i'll let ya know by friday, but at the moment it seems most likely i'll be there :D

sixstringsteve

let us know how the trail is jmaxj, I'll be curious how sloppy it'll be. It looks like we'll have about 3 days for it to dry out.

SilverDevil

My wife and I will be attending this we have a 07 JK rubicon with 4 in lift lockers front and rear we would like to do part two and i think we have One open seat maybe 2

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
Hey, I'm a newly registered member.

i'm looking forward to meeting everyone. see you there.

Glad you joined the forum, Jason. I know this will give you a lot of exposure to modified rigs, which will only make you want to lift your Commander even more. I'm also delighted to hear you are spreading the word and recruiting others to join in the fun.

sixstringsteve

Is the primary means of comms CB? I have 2m in the truck and a handheld. I have a spare 2m and mag antenna if anyone needs/wants to borrow one.

Let's do 2 modes of communication:

1) CB if you have it
2) bring a walkie talkie (like the motorola talkabouts, or anything like that).

While a cb can't talk to the walkie talkie, at least some people will be communicating with each other. I'll try to have both in my vehicle, assuming I can find the time to install my sliders and CB and wire my locker before Friday...

LocalRich

Let's do 2 modes of communication:

1) CB if you have it
2) bring a walkie talkie (like the motorola talkabouts, or anything like that).

While a cb can't talk to the walkie talkie, at least some people will be communicating with each other. I'll try to have both in my vehicle, assuming I can find the time to install my sliders and CB and wire my locker before Friday...

I have neither :rofl:

I think the radio in the race car will get into walkie range let me check I might switch it out then.