New and improved New Member night run - March 11th (Updated)

SmokinCamel

Went from 80" to 125" :)
ok after checking the weather here's my plan.

i'm gonna cruise out there friday during the day and see how muddy and sloppy it is, if it very minimal mud you can count me in for both runs and i could put my back seat in for a couple extra's if needed

i'll let ya know by friday, but at the moment it seems most likely i'll be there :D

Damn it Derek, now I have to go if you go. (shakes fist)

sixstringsteve

Hey, I'm a newly registered member. I'll be there in my stock XK (2006 Commander Limited (Quadra Drive II)), and i'm trying to convince my buddy to come with his 1998 ZJ (lift, lockers, 35's, pretty decent machine). was referred by Dempsey (TurboMinivan), and i'm looking forward to meeting everyone. see you there.

man dempsy, thank you for promoting this so well! I'll bet we've got 5 new RME members from you alone.

sixstringsteve

we're up to 30 drivers for part 1 (assuming everyone shows up, which never happens).

If you know of others who are coming, let me know just so I have an idea of how many rigs will be there.

If it gets much bigger, I'll probably just break into groups of 5-10 rigs to keep it less congested, and have some volunteers to help answer the noob questions.

It'd be cool if we had a bonfire to sit around and get to know people.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
man dempsey, thank you for promoting this so well! I'll bet we've got 5 new RME members from you alone.

I'm trying to make up for lost time, I suppose. I joined this forum over six years ago and I've hardly done anything about it until now.

I'm thinking of making some "RME4x4.COM" decals and putting them on my hood kinda where the factory puts the "Rubicon" decals. Seriously.

sixstringsteve

this is definitely the biggest run I've ever been on out at 5 mile.

I'm looking for 5-8 people who can volunteer to help lead smaller groups. All you really need to do is make sure everyone in your group is comfortable with the trail and upcoming obstacles, and stop every now and then to check on them, and possibly spot them on some parts and give pointers.

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
I'm looking for 5-8 people who can volunteer to help lead smaller groups. All you really need to do is make sure everyone in your group is comfortable with the trail and upcoming obstacles, and stop every now and then to check on them, and possibly spot them on some parts and give pointers.

I said I was willing to help, so I guess it's time for me to put up or shut up. ;)

I'm in.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
This is looking to be even better than I ever thought it would have been. It's a crying shame I can't make it to this one. Even if only half the people who say they will be there show up it will be an awesome trip. I can't wait to see thi pics, which means Will needs to do a good job haha.

I have never seen a trip planning thread get this long(thanks Steve I think it's time to change to head implosion now). This should be a good time had by all. This is also probably the first time I've seen a trip soley dedicated to teaching noobs and to have so many people stepping up to help out is awesome. This has also done a wonderful job of attracting new members who might otherwise be reluctant join a group of people they don't know to go wheeling with.

My hat is off to you Steve.

sixstringsteve

thanks TJ. I'm afraid everyone's going to have high expectations for the trip, and I'll totally blow it one way or another. I'm sure I won't be able to please everyone, but I'll do the best I can. I'm really looking forward to it.