New Moab Samurai project

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Progress has been slow as expected, and when we do get to work on it half the time I forget to take pics. Since the last update, we took the cage and tub off, and Jim painted the tub. We finally got the t-case, and I fab'd up a crossmember and got it mounted. The torque converter is installed, and we set the tub back on. Had to cut a lot out of the floor, but that should be pretty easy to patch back in.

We hope to re-install the cage in the next few days, and then we can put the shocks on and make it a roller! Need to do the floor in the tub, and make a new tunnel.

IMG_0757.JPG
T-case from the back. We used a couple of Samurai motor mounts on the crossmember. Everything is just above the frame rails, so we will have a flat belly. We had to notch the frame 2" on the passenger side to fit the case.

IMG_0758.JPG
From the front. Front driveshaft clearance is tight, but everything clears.

IMG_0755.JPG
The case sticks up through the floor about 3". The seat mounts will be built just above the new tunnel, which will locate the seats perfectly. New Mastercraft seats are on the way!

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
It's a roller!!!

IMG_0760.JPG
106" wheelbase.

IMG_0761.JPG
84" outside of tires.

IMG_0759.JPG
Front clip. Still needs a few bolts.

IMG_0764.jpg
Flat belly! As it sits now belly height is 21", which should be the final ride height.

IMG_0762.JPG
Tub-to-cage attachment.

IMG_0763.JPG
Another shot of the front clip.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Wow it looks so professional but from what everyone else has said thats not odd for u guys, 5.44 is a good ratio for a auto, thats what i plan on my yota to be in the end with auto and V6, when do you plan on haveing it out on the trail?

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Wow it looks so professional but from what everyone else has said thats not odd for u guys, 5.44 is a good ratio for a auto, thats what i plan on my yota to be in the end with auto and V6, when do you plan on haveing it out on the trail?

We are hoping to have it finished by this summer sometime, just depends on how much time we have to work on it...

zukijames

ya know jeff if you would take a day or two off from wheeling you could get alot done .. just kidding but this is looking good gona be a sweet rig when its done!

ps saw you on extreme 4x4 a 3 weeks ago in upper heldo :)

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
Got a little done last week. We probably won't have a chance to work on it much for the next couple of weeks, but the seats should be here by then.

We built the tunnel out of 18 gauge steel. Not real pretty, but it will do the job, and will be easily removable for service.
IMG_0775.JPG

Jim used a heat/sound insulation on the underside of the tunnel, and he will Durabak the entire floor and tunnel.
IMG_0777.JPG

The seat attachment is bolted to the cage and through the floor to the frame. We will finish it once we get the seats.
IMG_0776.JPG

Rear cargo area. It is large enough to fit a 40" spare. We will build a hinged expanded metal deck over the top.
IMG_0774.JPG

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
so when is it going to be ready to wheel

It will be done this year for sure :D

Jim Durabak'd the interior, and I got the seats mounted. The first seat hoop I built wouldn't work (too high), so I had to re-build it. The seats are positioned perfect for Jim or me, but there are no sliders, so anyone shorter/taller probably won't fit. The seat mount bolts thru the floor into the frame, and to the cage in the back.
IMG_0780.JPG

A whole lotta shifters in there!
IMG_0781_1.JPG

Added a tube behind the seats for the harness mounts, and built a couple of storage areas in some otherwise wasted space.
IMG_0782.JPG

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
Yeah i agree this looks to good, maybe u need to make another and sell it to me for pennies on the dollar.......hey a poor boy care dream