Official NPLD: RME American Fork Canyon Project

There will be 3-4 there, if you need more we can have some from the PL groups help, then we'll have you guys help them.

Gonna head to the Ho and get some drill bits. Hopefully you all will bring some and I can take these back. 1/2", long enough to drill through 6" pole and/or 4" rail.

utah340six

had a good time at afc.
we pulled our fence out fixed a section and went to forest lake turn off and help there.
then drove up forest lake trail.
forest service after had drinks and snacks for us.
Had a good time.
Say thanks to the forest service
tom, zac, seth
was fun meeting you guys.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
We were assigned to PL-1 with Corban White
NPLD2009AFCanyon063.jpg

NPLD2009AFCanyon067.jpg

After we had that section completed we fed the kids and headed up Mineral Basin:
NPLD2009AFCanyon071.jpg

NPLD2009AFCanyon073.jpg

NPLD2009AFCanyon076.jpg

While playing on the slabs, 4Chin took an odd line and got completly high centered on his crossmember and fuel skid. This photo was after he was on solid ground. We had a great time hooking up the winch and practicing some recovery techniques.
NPLD2009AFCanyon079.jpg

Heading down MB:
NPLD2009AFCanyon082.jpg

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
We had a great time and it's nice to do something that hopefully makes a difference.
Thanks to all that organized the event and coordinated with the FS/BLM!

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
The PL3 crew got a lot done! The spots for the 2 holes for posts had little rock so they got dug fast. The group split up to get more done. The side group went off with our FS rep Andrew to block several spots where ATV's have been illegally driving off the road and down into meadows.

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

redXJ

Thats what she said
Just wanted to thank those who let me ride with them and it was nice to meet new people.

here some pic i took.

IMG_5010.jpg

IMG_5013.jpg

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5021.jpg

IMG_5037.jpg

IMG_5047.jpg

IMG_5041.jpg

IMG_5040.jpg

IMG_5045.jpg

IMG_5032.jpg

my fav
IMG_5008.jpg

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Thanks to everyone who came! The turnout was incredible and we got a lot more done than we had set out to do. I hope that everyone had a good time, sweat a little and came away with a sense of accomplishment. Events like this really make a difference and shows the Forest Service that we as a user group are willing to put in the effort to ensure that we can continue to access the land that we love.

I wanted to particularly thank Brett Davis (Maverick) and Bear (CrawlinBear) for their help. Without these two guys, this project would have been lost.

I hope next years NPLD is just as successful, but don't wait until then to make a difference. If you're not already a member of the Utah 4-Wheel Drive Association or the Blue Ribbon Coalition join now. And remember, when you're out there on the trail, lead by example, stay on the trail, pack out what you pack in and leave the land as you found it.

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
those really are some cool pics, those leave are amazing!
thanks again to those who coordinated these projects!!!
It was nice to meet everyone there & put some names to faces

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Here's the big log that we winched...

yellow = winch cable
red = snatch block / tree saver
blue = fallen tree
grey = trees posing problems

DSC_0082-1.jpg