Official NPLD: RME American Fork Canyon Project

jason04

Count me in. [edit] Turns out WC only has a few people going to their service project so I'm jumpin ship to go help them. My value in terms of % will be much greater in their service project as they have less people. Hope ya'll understand. Have fun in AF.

Last edited:
I will be there as well as a couple of other NAXJA members that aren't part of RME. The IC Chapter of NAXJA is doing this as their project as well.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Brett, Stephen just called me, says you want me to head up the auger crew. I think that would be a good idea. I can pack it on my truck easy, and I've ran one once or twice.

richpblaze

I will be there

What can I bring to help out? I have drill, small circularsaw, onboard air, winch. I also have a 5000 watt generator, hammer drill what else? If i bring the gen. I will need someone in a truck to haul it up from the lake I may not get there until 10:00 am.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
What can I bring to help out? I have drill, small circularsaw, onboard air, winch. I also have a 5000 watt generator, hammer drill what else? If i bring the gen. I will need someone in a truck to haul it up from the lake I may not get there until 10:00 am.

As for right now, I think we have the generator situation set (Brett, correct me if I am wrong). I don't see a need for the circular saw, unless we might need it to remove the old fence.
For now, just plan on bringing yourself. Brett might have a better idea on equipment needs in the morning. If you get there at 10, meet up with the first team at the Forest Lake intersection. I'll be there and I'll know then where to send you.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Final Recap for Tomorrow

Final Recap:

Projects, Team Leaders and Members:

Auger Team:
Bear & Father

FLF – New Fences at the Forest Lake turnoff

Lead: Stephen

Members:
Jake Spurlock (Not on RME)
Grim
Chans
Jdub
Robert T (+3)
JL Rockies

FR – Fence Removal near Dutchman Flats

Lead: Utah340six (+2)

Members:
Allterrain

PL1 – First Fence on Pole Line Pass

Lead: Corban White

Members:
SLC97SR5
Rock Slayer
Lewis
Brad J
StrangeKowboy
Jason04

PL2 – Second Fence on Pole Line Pass

Lead: Kirk

Members:
Oldbluechevy78
1999-TJ
N8RB8R
RedXJ
XJEEPER
Toyota rockhead

PL3 – Third Fence on Pole Line Pass

Lead: Someone from Lone Peak

Members:
Lone Peak (5)
Luv2offroad + NAXJA
DirtHedz

Marry Ellen Gultch

Lead: Kurt

Members:
1 other vehicle

Everyone will meet at Tibble Fork at 9am. From there we will caravan to Dutchman Flats to regroup and distribute materials and tools to the various teams. The Auger team will break out first and starts at FLF punching out holes then move to the three PLP locations. Members of each team will haul logs from Dutchman Flats to their respective locations.
Once at their assigned location, the teams will begin building the fences (duh). Once the fences are complete, the teams will regroup at Dutchman Flats to return any tools and then disperse from there.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I would love to help out. I was really hoping that they would cancel work at the last minute but it looks like it won't happen :mad: Hopefully next time.

Thanks for all the effort! You guy's really make the difference :cool:

UPDATE:

The bolts are 1/2" and rails will be through-bolted to the posts rather than lagged.

So...1/2" bits if you have 'em, at least 6" long (the posts are 6" dia and it needs to go all the way through)

Impact wrenches likely NOT needed, but do bring a wrench.

Last edited: