Pritchett Canyon

Meat_

Banned
Good advise. I just really don't want to give any support to anyone one who maybe involved. Kind of like aiding the guilty. I suppose it could be that group did not know any better.

LT.

I agree with this, but with multiple witnesses and possible pictures, it seems to be legit. If so, very disappointing. I hate to be the hard ass telling people what they should and shouldn't do, but in these types of instances I sometimes have a hard time keeping my mouth shut. Did no one speak up just because it was Walker Evans?

I fully support this idea and believe that this is the only way he can save any face with me, pending Meat's advice.

It's confirmed. Very disappointing Mr. Evans. :sick:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
This is currently being dealt with and I ask that nobody posts the photos public for the time being as it could cause more harm than good. I also ask that we take a more friendly approach to the situation.

In my opinion, we don't need to be hanging our own but we do need to inform, discuss and decide where to go from there... no matter who you are or what your name is. If we approach this with an aggressive attitude it could escalate into other problems. It will be dealt with and handled appropriately.

Meat_

Banned
This is currently being dealt with and I ask that nobody posts the photos public for the time being as it could cause more harm than good. I also ask that we take a more friendly approach to the situation.

In my opinion, we don't need to be hanging our own but we do need to inform, discuss and decide where to go from there... no matter who you are or what your name is. If we approach this with an aggressive attitude it could escalate into other problems. It will be dealt with and handled appropriately.

x10

I can see no possible good from the pics hitting the internet.

Sumo

Xykon: Order of the Stick
one of the so called ambassadors of our sport was impatient, rude and didnt want to wait; so he and all his friends in their high dollar rigs went around and made the new so called bypass.

Wow! An amazing lesson in how quickly things can go to hell.

To greenjeep, drtsqrl, and all the others who work on these trails, God bless you! Thanks for all your hard work!!

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
x10

I can see no possible good from the pics hitting the internet.

I disagree.. I cannot see the good from hiding proof from the public. He did it. the words here are enough to make the greenies pissed. If Walker did pull some stupid stunt the pics should be up online. Invite him to come talk about it in public like a man and atone.

Zog, What friendlier approach are you suggesting? Should we treat Walker as someone that knows NOTHING about LNT and staying on the trail and ask him to pretty please atone for his misdeed because we know that there is no way that he would know better but in the future to be a good little boy?

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
So before this gets out of hand. Was the driver actually Walker? Or was it a rig with his stuff all over it? You guys realize that WE is like 80, right?

1995zj

I'm addicted
So before this gets out of hand. Was the driver actually Walker? Or was it a rig with his stuff all over it? You guys realize that WE is like 80, right?

Walker is only like 65.....and what are you saying...old people can't wheel? -_-

Have you ever met George Breakall?! That guy can wheel the piss out of anyone! :ugh:

toys4rocks

I didn't mean to do that!
Walker is only like 65.....and what are you saying...old people can't wheel? -_-

Have you ever met George Breakall?! That guy can wheel the piss out of anyone! :ugh:

Never said oldies can't wheel. Just hoping an oldie would have more common sense.

One of my wheelin buds from Sacramento is older than dirt and can probably wheel the piss out of 98% of this board.

MTn8

Yes, I'll confirm too, it was Walker Evans. We talked to him right before he did it. We asked him how the new kevlar tires were. You can see that it's Walker in one of the photos too.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Walker Evans has made a fortune from Off-roading, maybe he could redeem himself by giving some of it back in form of a huge donation to U4, and help us keep these trails open. He could also admit his mistake and help with some type of Education campaign. otherwise I dont want to see him on the same trails the rest of us are trying to keep.

(a few years ago) I also seen the owner of the company that builds the scorpions, (not Sony) I was talking with Sony the originator of scorpion at the belly button when the clown that bought out Sony's company went clear out of the trail because he didnt want to wait for the crowds to move and ran over a small tree, guys started yelling at him and he was publicly scorned..I think Sony was embarrased and hopefully the other guy learned something..you guys know who Im talking about, he was on MonsterGarage looks like Yosimati Sam.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Uh ya.. it's him. NO DOUBT about it! This is a sad sad deal, and I hope he's willing to own up and donate a large sum as well.

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
WOW! Yes, I'm extremely dissapointed. See, I thought it came down to education or lack therof with this bypass. Our club donated time and resources to close this but it sure didn't fix it. Now there are signs, cable, and ugly black marks on the rocks and a damaged tree just because someone couldn't wait his turn? And.....that someone is someone who should know better?
I cry SHAME! We tried to clean up your mess as we will continue to do so because we LOVE Pritchett. Your impatience and blatant damage is a shock and very sad!

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I disagree.. I cannot see the good from hiding proof from the public. He did it. the words here are enough to make the greenies pissed. If Walker did pull some stupid stunt the pics should be up online. Invite him to come talk about it in public like a man and atone.

You think the environmentalists would put a caption on the photo "offroad legend Walker Evans seen here off the trial...but was publicly reprimanded by the off-road community". Nope. They will take it out of context and use it for years and years and years.

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
You think the environmentalists would put a caption on the photo "offroad legend Walker Evans seen here off the trial...but was publicly reprimanded by the off-road community". Nope. They will take it out of context and use it for years and years and years.

Umm I think they would use it in context.. even some of the legends of the offroad community go off the trail.. it happened. no use hiding it just gives everyone a bigger reason to step up doing their part