Pritchett Canyon

DOSS

Poker of the Hornets Nest
Precisely.

I don't know where you got this exortion idea from. Maybe they are trying to get him to lend his name and influence to a sponsored clean up, or some sort of other activity that would reflect positively him personally and this sport as a whole.

Because people are choosing to deal with this in some place OTHER THAN THE ****ING INTERNET you're all up in arms. You may feel as if you are the protector of the accused and on some strange crusade for truth, but the reality is that once the pictures surface you'll just go "yup, that's him. carry on" and the only your impact on the situation will be remembered by the sum of your above posts, because you won't do anything about it.

can't you read your own statements and the statements of others and get the general drift of the message? I guess you can't. I am not all up in arms. but I do believe that you should not slander someone on a public forum. show some proof.

this started as a post on the internet.. the slander is occurring on the internet.. it is slander until it is proven true taking it offline is all well and good if the potential slander was not still on the internet.. you go get your $$ or endorsement from Mr Evans

Meat_

Banned
Stop taking the troll bait?

The meetings are public. We have discussed making the minutes available, but sadly we do not have the man power to do everything and keeping you, TooeleCherokee, someone who can't be bothered to attend a meeting, happy has to come after things like constructively handling this Pritchett situation

DOSS

Stop taking the troll bait?

The meetings are public. We have discussed making the minutes available, but sadly we do not have the man power to do everything and keeping you, TooeleCherokee, someone who can't be bothered to attend a meeting, happy has to come after things like constructively handling this Pritchett .situation

I offered you a solution to that issue as I do not have the "Availability" to attend meetings but you (and your comrades) turned it down :)

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
WTF is wrong with waiting for a statement (or not) from someone before posting public pics?

(I'm not a real fan of the accused but have noticed how people suck up to him for whatever reason)

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
can't you read your own statements and the statements of others and get the general drift of the message? I guess you can't. I am not all up in arms. but I do believe that you should not slander someone on a public forum. show some proof.

this started as a post on the internet.. the slander is occurring on the internet.. it is slander until it is proven true taking it offline is all well and good if the potential slander was not still on the internet.. you go get your $$ or endorsement from Mr Evans

You mean libeled? lol Maybe you should use your amazing reading skills and apply them to using the correct words in a discussion. Maybe if you sound like you know what you're talking about people might actually listen to what you're saying. Just a thought.

I understand your message, perhaps take a second and understand mine. I'll bold it.

Your oppinion doesn't matter and your validation is not needed. Adults are working towards a positive end to the situation.

Last edited:

DOSS

WTF is wrong with waiting for a statement (or not) from someone before posting public pics?

(I'm not a real fan of the accused but have noticed how people suck up to him for whatever reason)

Because the statement that he has done it has already been made public. He has been accused of something and people say they have proof but refuse to show it unless he does something for U4 or the trail (at least that was the insinuation).

I don't care that it is Walker or anyone else.. I think that it is bunk that people are trying to get something out of him because he is famous. if he wasn't who he is the pics most likely would have been posted and he would have just been told off. instead people are trying to get something out of him

DOSS

Your oppinion doesn't matter and your validation is not needed. Adults are working towards a positive end to the situation.

positive.. $$ for U4 ?

Sorry about the slander and Libel written spoken.. you understood what I was meaning so stuff it

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Why should U4 be the ones to accept the check? Any money given to U4 would just go straight to the clubs down south that put the feet on the ground. So, as far as i'm concerned, check should just be written to the club(s).

chadschoon

Sooooo Mr TC your saying that there is no proof of Mr. Evans doing this but yet you are saying that U4 is blackmailing him for money? Were is your proof of that?

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Because the statement that he has done it has already been made public. He has been accused of something and people say they have proof but refuse to show it unless he does something for U4 or the trail (at least that was the insinuation).

They are giving him the opportunity to speak in his own defense before a public court marshal. Wouldn't you want the same respect if you were in his shoes?

Proof. Hmm. Well, let's play this your way.

We claim Walker made an illegal bypass. You claim we are trying to blackmail or extort him. I'll make you a deal. You supply proof of your claim that is undeniable, and I'll show you some pictures.

So, until you can prove that, then everything else you are calling for is a moot point.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
All this arguing is getting old... :rolleyes:

The solution is to close the bypass and repair the damage, which has already been done by the Moab Friends for Wheelin'!

Since that has already been done, I think the Moab Friends for Wheelin' and the RR4W need to invite Walker and his friends to the next few trail repair parties in Moab to help maintain trails, close illegal bypasses, fix fences, etc. I would enjoy working side by side with Walker, fixing such things.

The outcome would be positive for everyone. Even if they don't show up, Walker & his crew will be further educated about going off-trail in Moab and the damage that it does. They will be better prepared next time they go out on the trail and if they actually show up, will realize how much effort it takes to repair trail damage and see how poor decisions can impact such environmentally-sensitive trails in Moab like Pritchett Canyon.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
All this arguing is getting old... :rolleyes:

Agreed, this thread is about damage and needed repairs on a trail.

This is not a "I do more for land use" or "that organization sucks" thread.

If you want to have that conversation, go elsewhere, but lets please keep this thread about what it is, the damage on Pritchett Canyon and the efforts to repair them.

CJ Matt

It is sad that this thread had turned from us trying to fix the the problem to a bunch of bickering between each other. How many pages ago was that there was actually a discusion about doing some work on it over memorial day weekend? Is all the bickering more important then trying to fix what we can now?

DOSS

They are giving him the opportunity to speak in his own defense before a public court marshal. Wouldn't you want the same respect if you were in his shoes?

Proof. Hmm. Well, let's play this your way.

We claim Walker made an illegal bypass. You claim we are trying to blackmail or extort him. I'll make you a deal. You supply proof of your claim that is undeniable, and I'll show you some pictures.

So, until you can prove that, then everything else you are calling for is a moot point.

Are you unable to see question marks? that usually implies a question not a statement.

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I've personally talked to Walker Evans Racing via phone and email today, and we will see what developes.

Thanks for the support in the matter.

-Jason

surgeryturtle

RedRoxx
Greg and others,

Thanks for your positive posts and finding our way back to the intent of the original thread. So much good can be done IF we stick together.

We (MFFW) really don't need or expect $$$ (but, of couse would accept it ;) ). I'm sure we would love to have a clean up day sponsored by the offender and some education posted through websites or other advertising but again, not expected. A day of labor over Memorial weekend from RME would be fantastic too!

Our club's been working on Pritchett for years and hope to for years to come. If folks are reasonably reasonable, the trail can be maintained. It just seems that this year has been crazy with over-use and we've gotten a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks for the concerns, it really does go a long way. It makes me feel better knowing that the majority of wheelers love this trail and will help us preserve it.

Melissa

drtsqrl

I luv Pritchett
I for one am thrilled to see that so many on this forum are dedicated to the land use ethics that are critical if trails like Pritchett are to remain open for our enjoyment. I also want to thank Melissa for being a great spokesperson for the sport, and for Moab Friends-For-Wheelin'.

A representative of U4 has been in contact with Walker Evans Racing, and I have emailed a letter to Goodyear voicing my concerns. I will also be discussing this with RR4W. At this point in time, I believe we need to give those companies a chance to respond, and then we can decide where to go from there. As Greg said, MFFW has already closed off the bypass, but more work is needed. There is also work to be done at Chewy.

We (MFFW) are putting together a Pritchett run for Memorial Day weekend, on Sunday May 24th. Our rotohammer is in the shop, so we will try to borrow the BLM's gasoline-powered rock drill. If we can get it, we will be re-doing the fence at Chewy, and adding a fence at the new Axle Hill bypass. Any help from RME members that are here that weekend would be appreciated! Even if we can't get the rock drill, we still may be able to do some work up there, and we can have a great time on the trail! If you would like to come, we will meet at the Slickrock Cinema (just around the corner from McDonald's) at 9:00 am, or at the trailhead about 9:20.

Hope to see some of you there, or at least at the RME BBQ on the 23rd!

Jeff