project bronco script.

flexyfool

GDW
I might make it down to the Bronco Safari and have several pairs of 14" long springs. Rates are 200, 250, 300 and maybe others. $20 for a pair. When the event gets closer, PM me if you want them.

broncomitch

dont be a sheep in a jeep
Today is going to be busy,

I got my new new new yoke so if all goes well there I can weld up the rear, mount the shocks, and such, need to clearance my front yoke a little bit, and play around with the coil overs some more.

broncomitch

Okay, got distracted most of the day but,

I got the hole bronco painted and just touching up a few over spray spot's.

got the yoke on and it clears perfectly so finally have a rear driveshaft mounted..

got the coil overs setup and limiting straps put on.

broncomitch

IMG_56851160969087_zps7c733a87.jpg

Shiny

broncomitch

Thanks man! It will be in Moab at the end of the motnth!

Well I didn't do much of anything this weekend apart from cosmetic stuff.
IMG_103600901090369_zpse72336ef.jpg

But did start on finishing my rear shocks now I know my pinyon angle can stay where it is..

broncomitch

It is.. lol but finish one thing another problem pops up..

Still fighting coils... I thought the coils settled but for some reason when I put the drivers tire back on it lifted the front back up again..needs to come down 2" or so...

so at this point I'll need too ether find coils for the trip or have the winch suck my suspension down...

Last edited:

broncomitch

Ordered some springs, 16" 250's little soft but couldn't beat the price.
hope to get them next week..

and the buddy doing my harness has not found anything really wrong with the harness...we are cinda thinking I have the O2 sensors crossed, so the left bank is adjusting on the right bank and the right bank is adjusting for the left..

witch makes perfect sense cus it was ether running really rich or really lean and only ran good on closed loop when the computer wasn't trying to adjust the air/fuel ratio.

problem is tho Im pretty sure I unplugged the o2 sensors once before to leave it on closed loop but seems like it didn't change the problem and was still running bad....

so Saturday night he is going to pull his harness and put mine on his bronco and see what's really going on and should know by Sunday if the harness is the problem...

But fixed or not, it's shipping out Monday...

broncomitch

Quick update,
my buddy has determined there is nothing wrong with my harness and it's on it's way back home..

he put it on his bronco and ran perfect for 15mins, but didn't hook up the TPS, o2 sensors and AIT sensor...so when it gets back I'll hook everything up apart from those and once it's warmed up one by one start hooking the sensors back up wile waiting 5mins or so in between each sensor..then when it starts running bad I'll know witch sensor is giving me problems...

its ether the MAF,or the o2 sensors are switched around...or a slim chance it's the FPR but it seems to be working fine so don't think it's that...

last night I finally worked on the rear axle.

burned in the perches and traction bar and and braced up the flex joint mounts and mounted one shock..lol I'll post a pic tonight when it's all painted.

BlackDog

one small mod at a time
I am too ADD for the patience this build has taken... guess that's why I run stock junk that is beat to sh**.

Having said that, it looks like the wait was worth it.

Good looking EB, and the gauges/pedal/Diff covers are my favorite part!

Bart

If you decide the 16" 250s don't work, please let me know. The 300s I have in the back seem a little stiff. That said, the rig is looking great and it sounds like your narrowing the problems down to a manageable level. Hope the harness/sensor problem reveals itself. Nice job.

broncomitch

I am too ADD for the patience this build has taken... guess that's why I run stock junk that is beat to sh**.

Having said that, it looks like the wait was worth it.

Good looking EB, and the gauges/pedal/Diff covers are my favorite part!

Thanks!
it has really tested my patience and by all counts I should have parted it out long ago lol

but pulled through it and hope it was worth all the hell it put me through :)

will find out in 2weeks.

broncomitch

If you decide the 16" 250s don't work, please let me know. The 300s I have in the back seem a little stiff. That said, the rig is looking great and it sounds like your narrowing the problems down to a manageable level. Hope the harness/sensor problem reveals itself. Nice job.

I will probably be taking you up on that. The 250's seem a little soft but I do t have any nitrogen in the shocks yet.
I'll let you know.. You going the bronco safari?

broncomitch

Got my 250 springs in the mail yesterday and quickly put them on.

Not a fan that there black (the blue just popped more) and it seems to be a little soft but still need to put nitrogen in em but the front is sitting ALOT better... But is still a 1/2 or so to high so the body is almost level and seems the back end sagged a little bit also..

I'm hoping the springs will brake in and give me the 1/2" so I don't half to recenter the axle and might just put a 1" block in the rear if it's still low...see how much it sags fully loaded first.

Bolted my front clip all together and it's starting to look like a finished rig..

20140415_201252_zps7459b1c8.jpg

20140415_201338_zps5441424f.jpg

20140415_201515_zps39a77a5c.jpg

20140415_201539_zpsc9098925.jpg

20140415_203217_zpse22bb835.jpg

20140415_203230_zps47bb7ea2.jpg