GOAT

Back from the beyond
The reason I ask is because the pinion is offset from the TC on the 91, unless you narrow it ~2.25" - it puts the driveline kinda close to the frame and things there. It's one of the major reasons I narrowed the long side to fit a 79 F350 inner; lined the pinion right up. With you trying to keep it real low, it might be a problem.

Hmm, well, if its an issue, I'll cut the frame. When are you going to make it out here for some more wheeling Wayne?

waynehartwig

www.jeeperman.com
Hmm, well, if its an issue, I'll cut the frame. When are you going to make it out here for some more wheeling Wayne?

With as low as RedbullTJ is, I don't think you will have a problem :cool:

I don't think I'll make it to EJS (don't like the crowds) but I'm hoping to be there for U4WDA's winter convention Feb 2nd is it? I'll probably head out of here the end of Jan. and stay through the 4th - 4 day Moab trip is really what I need right now!!!!

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Looks like fun Marcus! Now aren't you shooting for about 1" of lift? What size tires you planning on, 40's?

Thanks
1-2" of suspension lift, 1"bl and 40s is the goal, but we'll see. The low lift/front stretch is what convinced me to go coilover. I wanted it to sit low yet, have droop. Conventional 2" lift coils wont be able to flex much without unseating and I was just tired of dealing with them.

Bart

I'm assuming you're planning on air bumps then??? With that little up travel the ride will be harsh without them.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
The front axle is out of a 91 F350 that I picked up from Seth@RL. I dont have any plans of narrowing it. I wanted to run fullwidth axles, so I made the decision to run factory axles rather than buying customs. Seemed more cost effective, we'll see.....

I plan to have the rig finished by spring of 08 in time for EJS or RedbullTJ is gonna be wheelin his rig and I'll be riding b*tch with Jenn:greg:

"swollen goat" is a song from a band named clutch. Appropriate if must say.

Thanks for the interest. I have a long road ahead of me.

Marcus

i cant find that song

GOAT

Back from the beyond
Man, this update has taken too long:ugh:

As we know, 08' proved to be a financially challenging year, and I pretty much threw the brakes on the build and wheeling altogether.

Fast forward a year. I have grown tired of my rig as it sits ,and my friends are consistently giving me sh*t about not keeping up with them. The memorial day trip to Moab and watching Kiel's buggy kill every obstacle, solidified my decision to start the build. For the sake of budget and time, some things have changed.

1. Keeping the current springs/shocks.
2. Using prefab brackets
3. 110" WB
4. 42" MTRs
5. Assist/box only
6. 5.13s. Lincoln lock the 70U & pop-right the 60.

I am going to try and build it in stages. Axles/chassis first. Re-gear, shafts ETC 2nd, and wheels tires third. Once that is done I'll worry about the cage/body.

I wont bum rides off of people (unless it's jenn) so my goal is to have everything but the cage and body done for a Moab run by October. This is what I accomplished today:

Cleaned and organized the worst garage to build a jeep in.
IMG_0641.jpg

Took one last poseur shot of the jeep
IMG_0643.jpg

Pulled the bumper
IMG_0650.jpg

Removed the "john wayne" of dana 30s
IMG_0653.jpg

Realized I have a lot of work cut out for me:rofl:
IMG_0656.jpg

I'll keep you posted.......

GOAT

Back from the beyond
sorry bout that......

I nicknamed the D30 "john wayne" as it was tough as nails. Well over 200k with factory R&P, unit bearings, and the drivers side still had the factory balljoints. It lived through the breakage of two sets of alloy axles, and numerous OEM shafts. Spent six years on 35s to boot.

Did notice that it was ready to take out another alloy stub. It had already wallowed the ears out:ugh:

jsudar

The worst garage to build a jeep in is far better than building a jeep in the rain and snow. Maybe it's just me.

It kind of sucks when your delusions of coilover grandeur get trashed, reality kicks in and you have to compromise on the build up. Good luck on the build. On the bright side, if I'm doing my math right, a Dana 60 should be twice as good as a Dana 30. That should be some consolation.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
The worst garage to build a jeep in is far better than building a jeep in the rain and snow. Maybe it's just me.

It kind of sucks when your delusions of coilover grandeur get trashed, reality kicks in and you have to compromise on the build up. Good luck on the build. On the bright side, if I'm doing my math right, a Dana 60 should be twice as good as a Dana 30. That should be some consolation.

We built redbullTJs rig outdoors, in a gravel driveway. South Texas summers. Sucked bad!

Not all that worried about the coilover deal. I'll build it in stages.

Bart

Good to see you back working on it again. Sorry I won't be able to hang with you big dogs when it's finished.

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
Good to see you back working on it again. Sorry I won't be able to hang with you big dogs when it's finished.

We are not worried about that at all Bart, we know you will just sell this one and build another buggy:D Get to work Goat!