Project Toyota Tacoma Doublecab

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Very cool Lewis! :cool:

You can get a dry base Teflon paint in an aerosol can, I can see this being the perfect application. I'm excited to check it out.

midog

Love it! Did you take a picture with the entire truck in it? It would be good to see how the tent looks in comparision with the rest of the truck. You always do good work!

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Nice, looks great! Which RTT did you go with? I agree about needing more pics of the complete truck with the new Tent, can't wait to see the complete package.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I went with the ARB Series III Simpson Rooftop Tent thanks to Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. Kurt hooked me up, Thanks Kurt!

I will post pics when the whole thing has come altogether, its still not quite complete.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Got it all put together. Very happy with it and plenty of room for my family. Now to add some springs to my pack so the rear isn't saggin.
IMG_6259.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
How about airbags, instead of an extra leaf? That way it isn't so stiff when there isn't a tent and stuff over the rear....

Unless it's normally going to carry a pretty consistent load, in which case disregard. :)

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Damn that is a pretty truck. Can I have it?:p

Ya you can, I am tired of working on it and just noticed tonight that I have to pull the steering box off cause its leaking out the top of the box. I knew I should have gotten new seals for it when I took it apart to tap it.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
How about airbags, instead of an extra leaf? That way it isn't so stiff when there isn't a tent and stuff over the rear....

Unless it's normally going to carry a pretty consistent load, in which case disregard. :)

Interesting, I will look into it.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
:cool:

Are the kids thinking its a play house yet? :D
Not just the kids,I had the thought when I set it up that I haven't had a playhouse since I was a kid, and its portable!

Beautiful! I love that truck just that much more now! :cool:
Thanks!

I wish I still lived next door to see it first hand every day.
Stop by anytime.
How many people does it sleep. Looks nice.
It will fit myself,wife,2 kids with still some room to put stuff. I was surprised on how much room it has.

midog

Turned out great, right in time for good family camping weather. Looks like your going to have a fantastic summer!

lewis

Fight Till You Die
FYI, airbags don't like very much droop.

Thanks guys, it means so much.

I was kinda thinking that. I think I may just relocate my rear frame shackle mounts. Since the springs are a little saggy, my shackles are also set way too far back. If I move them to the proper angle I think it may put it back to the proper height. not sure if its a bad idea or not.