Proud father moments

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
That’s great! How many nights a week are they going?
2x a week is the minimum to get a stripe per month. When they have to miss a day I have them make it up another day or the week before/after. Hopefully they eventually want to go 3 or 4x a week since that is available to them. I’m also hoping they want to start doing competition practice in March when they get the next belt (since that makes them eligible).

We’ll see 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Katelynn decided it was time to purchase her first car. Of course she couldn't settle on anything remotely not fast after driving my Z28 for the last year. She paid cash and I couldn't be prouder. A 2 owner (mother and son) car. 2003 convertible GT Mustang 5 speed. It was recently repainted and the soft top was also recently replaced. Seems to have been well cared for. 118k miles. She surprised me by not telling me and showed up with it this morning after she bought it in Roy yesterday.
20231219_091103.jpg

Thursty

Katelynn decided it was time to purchase her first car. Of course she couldn't settle on anything remotely not fast after driving my Z28 for the last year. She paid cash and I couldn't be prouder. A 2 owner (mother and son) car. 2003 convertible GT Mustang 5 speed. It was recently repainted and the soft top was also recently replaced. Seems to have been well cared for. 118k miles. She surprised me by not telling me and showed up with it this morning after she bought it in Roy yesterday.
View attachment 167622
Very cool!
Let us know how the first stoplight-to-stoplight between you two goes.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I assume the Z28 is still faster, right? IIRC the numbers on the 4.6L aren't all that impressive.

Good for Katelynn though, she's an awesome kid!

kmboren

Recovering XJ owner anonymous
Very cool!
Let us know how the first stoplight-to-stoplight between you two goes.
I have fat C5 corvette wheels and tires and.an automatic. I am sure I'd kill her in the camaro. I wish mine was the 6 speed though. More fun to drive. I am jealous of that even though hers is a 5 speed.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
My 2-year old has easily over 100 die cast cars at this point. All of them are models of actual cars, no silly monster cars or anything. So when he gets some out to play with I tell him what kind of car it is.

This morning he wanted to play cars, so I told him to go get some and he came back with an Audi Quattro and Lancia Delta HF Integrale. I asked him what they were and he said, "Quattro" and "Delta".

They grow up so fast. 🥲

ID Bronco

My 2-year old has easily over 100 die cast cars at this point. All of them are models of actual cars, no silly monster cars or anything. So when he gets some out to play with I tell him what kind of car it is.

This morning he wanted to play cars, so I told him to go get some and he came back with an Audi Quattro and Lancia Delta HF Integrale. I asked him what they were and he said, "Quattro" and "Delta".

They grow up so fast. 🥲
Genius, but that's child abuse

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Haha, I didn't mean it was bad like being a Seahawks fan or beating him, it's just not the American way.
Oh, I know. He has plenty of 'Merican cars as well. But in addition to learning the make and model, he's also learning which ones are cool and desirable. So if he grabs say a '68 Chevy Camero and a '94 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, he learns that the 3000GT is the fun, exciting car.

You've really got to get this stuff in their head when they're young otherwise they'll end up making poor life decision later and buying things like Pontiac Bonneville's and wearing white New Balances. Can't have that!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
You've really got to get this stuff in their head when they're young otherwise they'll end up making poor life decision later and buying things like Pontiac Bonneville's and wearing white New Balances. Can't have that!
Where does an El Camino fit into this discussion?