Proud father moments

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
That is so cool. I'm not surprised that kids of RME dudes have life skills like running a saw. It still makes me smile to see young men exercising these skills.
My 14yo son found a dead tree in the forest behind the house, cut it up, hauled the logs, split and stacked them over the weekend. He only needed a little help splitting a few of the really tough ones.

View attachment 169969

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I was out trying to fix the broken reverse light on my wife's car yesterday. The housing has a single plug, then electrical runs through the housing to contactors at each individual bulb inside the housing. The plastic that keeps the contactor in place is broken, so I was trying to super glue it in place so it would work.....but it wasn't working (much to my annoyance. I spent probably 12 hours this weekend "fixing" this, a handful of 3d printers, and the stutter in my truck and I ended the weekend with 2 less printers working than I started with, no reverse light still, and a truck that stutters worse). My 5 year old is watching and he walks inside, I assume to find something more fun to do, then comes out a few minutes later with his glue stick and his bottle of glitter glue to see if those might work better. Seriously, sometimes they do the sweetest things and it makes me feel bad for charging them rent.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
6 months of hard work and they got a belt promotion. I don’t know the numbers for sure but a TON of kids that started with them are not here anymore. When they started I made my then 10 y/o commit to 6 weeks, begrudgingly. That kid is all smiles on the mats now. 8 y/o loves it too.

IMG_3192.jpeg

Tonkaman

6 months of hard work and they got a belt promotion. I don’t know the numbers for sure but a TON of kids that started with them are not here anymore. When they started I made my then 10 y/o commit to 6 weeks, begrudgingly. That kid is all smiles on the mats now. 8 y/o loves it too.

View attachment 170709
That is awesome! 6 months is no easy thing for your kids or for you to keep getting them there.

N-Smooth

That's awesome. The work and dedication is cool and the fact that they get to experience combat is even cooler. Not a lot of outlets for kids to beat each other up in today's culture and boys definitely need that.
Yup, it’s been great for giving them the tools to deal with jerkface kids at school. There was a bigger, older kid that was messing with my 8 year old, pushing him around. After hearing about it a few times I told him to double-leg and mount the kid and let him know he was done with his crap. Well, he did and that kid hasn’t bugged him since🤣

N-Smooth

Honestly that’s the only reason we stopped. Too many expensive hobbies
Yeah man for my two boys it’s almost $370/month. Luckily it’s their only “thing” right now, besides piano which is cheap and important-ish.

The boys ask me all the time when I’m going to start doing it too and I’m like dudes, I’m already broke from paying for you fools to do it lol

jeeper

Currently without Jeep
Can I post a proud husband moment?

My wife and I are in Virginia for some business, and we were talking to the owner of a boxing gym who invited her over for some coaching and classes. We had to be here at 5:45 this morning to fit it in.. but she been in there killing it while I sip Mountain Dew in the car like a simp.
She’s been busting her butt for about 3 years in the gym 6 days a week. She’s become a whole new person, and it’s fun to watch her grow and become confident in who she is and wants to be.
I don’t often get to see her being confident like this.

But I’m for sure not going to be sassy today. I don’t need a black eye.

IMG_6220.jpeg