REKLUSE AUTOMATIC MOTORCYCLE CLUTCHES

Caleb

I'm good to go at any time as well. I like the idea of doing something up around you Russ as I've never done anything up there. I'm only working a half day so name a time/place and I will be there.

rholbrook

So now I have a couple of rides on my Revlock D-ring and my opinion gets stronger everytime I ride it. When I watch my friends struggle on some trails that I would have struggled on prior to the install, it makes me glad I did it. The big payoff is the next morning when I can still move. The day after soreness is nearly eliminated except for my A$$ but a softer seat is another add-on later. I am waiting for Caleb to get his new seat so I can check it out.

Three guys I ride with have already purchased a Revlock since they road mine and I suspect more will follow. I am a fan.

Caleb

My D-Ring will be here on Monday :D If you're looking to buy one, use DualSportArmory.com and use the code ADVrules for 5% off. Mine was $360 shipped. :)

rholbrook

My D-Ring will be here on Monday :D If you're looking to buy one, use DualSportArmory.com and use the code ADVrules for 5% off. Mine was $360 shipped. :)
Nice...I knew the pressure would get to you. Call me when your ready to install and I will give you some pointers to get it done quickly. Its a piece of cake to install.

rholbrook

I replaced my fork seals last night on the WR. I had scratched my inner fork tube on a rock when I crashed and blew my MCL out. I sanded the scratches and then put marine grade JB Weld in the scratches and then sanded them smooth. Hopefully it will hold, if not, time to find some used forks. You can buy two forks for the price of an inner tube.

Okay, when are we going riding?

Corban_White

Still a month or 2 before the snow melts. ;) I have been going riding a lot this winter. :D I picked up a new(ish) sled last week. Life is good. :):) Although with the weather like it has been today I am almost ready to get the bike out. Almost. Too bad there will be at least one month when the snow is too mealty for sleds but still too deep for bikes. I hate transition time.

rholbrook

So one of my friends who owns a WR450 with a Revloc in it had it grenade on him. A couple of the clutchs literally blew the clutch material apart and broke the clutch basket. The thing that sucked was it happened in the first hour of his ride and he had to tie the bike to an atv to haul it back to the truck. He called Revloc and told them what had happened and the guy there asked him to box up the complete clutch, rings, basket and plates and he would send UPS after it.

A week later Revloc calls him and said a complete replacement of everything is on its way. They think that he must of had a bad oem clutch pack that came apart. In my opinion, thats great customer service. They wanted to make sure that it was not the Dynaring that caused it. They said it was the first one that they have had that has done that. Anyway, my friend's WR is put back together and ready to go.

Caleb

:cool: It's good to hear Revloc is taking care of him even though it was likely not a problem of theirs that caused it. However, it's really no surprise that they are, after dealing with Alan a bit, I can say that Revloc is a top notch company.

rholbrook

Updates to my WR

Its time to update my street legal gear for my 06 so I can get it license this year. It seems like in Utah I am hitting a moving target as far as keeping up with what I need to do to stay legal.
I purchased some Tusk LED Blinkers, Tusk Switch, Tusk blinker and wiring harness from anarchysports.com They never had the stuff listed on their website so I called Caleb and he was able to get them for me cheaper than I could get at RMATV.
IMG_0575.jpg
IMG_0574.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

I had to fabricate a metal bracket for the left side front blinker because I didn't want to drill a hole in the plastic so I made a bracket that goes where the front headlight plastic connects to the shock mount. Worked great, for the other side I just used my horn bracket.

I was also really tired of my ass hurting when I would go riding so I followed the steps Greg posted up.

http://www.rme4x4.com/showthread.php?t=81977&highlight=seat&page=4

Now it doesn't feel like I am sitting on a 1x4.

Went for a short 1 hour ride and so far so good. Can't wait to ride it this coming weekend in Southern Utah.

Small List of Mods to my WR
YZ Throttle Stop
Rev Limiter Wire disconnected
Smog crap off of it
Airbox opened up
RevLok DynaRing
06 YZ Exhaust Cam
Acerbis Bark Busters
Extra padding in the seat
Tusk Street Legal add-ons
Lots of hours jetting it correctly

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
I rode a CR250 like mine for a little bit over the weekend that had a Rekluse. This was the first time I have tried one out before and I'm pretty sure i want one! :greg: I was a bit skeptical of how much they would "lock up" at high rpm's but this one didn't seem to have any slippage... Pretty cool.

Caleb

I rode a CR250 like mine for a little bit over the weekend that had a Rekluse. This was the first time I have tried one out before and I'm pretty sure i want one! :greg: I was a bit skeptical of how much they would "lock up" at high rpm's but this one didn't seem to have any slippage... Pretty cool.
Absolutely! The slippage is completely adjustable at when it will engage, however a properly setup auto clutch will lock-up just barely above idle and so in the high rpms, you won't have any slippage. It's hard to really imagine how much you will like it or use it until you ride with one. Then you begin to wonder how you ever rode without it :p

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Thinking about adding an EXP Rekluse to my WR if my camper sells :D

I've been really toying with the idea of another 2T to beat on the single track but I really don't want to give up the street-ability/fuel range of the 4T.... Thinking this might help bridge that gap a bit. I'm like a fish out of water on my 4T in the technical stuff :eek:

Tonkaman

I'd definitely go with the z-start pro for adjustability. After putting in the Rekluse the first time It will only take about 15 minutes to pull apart the clutch to change engagement rpm and stiffness

Caleb

I'd definitely go with the z-start pro for adjustability. After putting in the Rekluse the first time It will only take about 15 minutes to pull apart the clutch to change engagement rpm and stiffness

Depending on the bike, that's adjustable at the clutch perch. Although, If you have a hydraulic clutch it's not and if you have a stock clutch lever, it may not be that adjustable.