REKLUSE AUTOMATIC MOTORCYCLE CLUTCHES

Caleb

So is the exp the way to go for single track trail riding? Why or why not?

I think so. My reasoning is my EXP has served me great, I've never said I wish it did XXX that one of the more expensive clutches did. I'll be getting the EXP for my new bike as well. You're on a KTM right? If so then you should have the hydro clutch, which makes it even more so. If you've got a cable actuated clutch, with the stock levers, adjusting the rekluse will cause the clutch to get stiffer (not terrible) and make the stock lever extend out (if that makes sense). If you have aftermarket levers, you can adjust the lever back to the normal position. With a hydro clutch, you don't have either of these behaviors.

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
Ya I'm on an 07 xcf 250. I loved my rekluse in my last ktm but it came with the bike so I don't know which model was in it. Can you pm me a price for the exc for my bike?

Caleb

Ya I'm on an 07 xcf 250. I loved my rekluse in my last ktm but it came with the bike so I don't know which model was in it. Can you pm me a price for the exc for my bike?

I can't save anything on the Rekluses. The best price I've found is what I posted earlier in this thread, use the discount code ADVRULES on the site DualSportArmory.com and it will get you 5% off and possibly free shipping.

Caleb

What about being able to adjust engagements rate and RPM? I havnt dialed mine in yet but certainly plan to do more adjustments

That's all adjustable on the EXP, not sure what you're getting at? It comes with different springs and you can get different wedges as well if the adjustments with the springs isn't enough. For the record, I've never needed to adjust mine from how it comes stock though.

rholbrook

I personally wouldn't run an EXP in the dunes for extended periods of time. They generate a lot of heat in the sand. If your doing trail riding, I think it will work great. If you see dunes a lot, don't get one or atleast get a Z Start Pro.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Sand sucks. lol

I like the price point of the exp but I like the ability to pull in the clutch lever and have it disengage with the z start pro.

Cascadia

Undecided
So on the exp you can't pull in the clutch lever to disengage it and keep rolling in idle? My last one must have been the z start pro. I really liked that feature.

Caleb

Yep, the clutch still functions like a stock clutch with the EXP. You can pull the lever to disengage, you can feather the lever if you want to like you do with a stock clutch as well. You can still ride your bike like you always do, but still have the benefit of it never dying with the rekluse.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I run an EXP 2.0 and if you were to ride my bike without me telling you that it had a rekluse you wouldnt know a difference, other than never stalling and a little coast-out when the rpm's drop. you can manual just like any other clutch, you just dont have to. and its adjustable, It just adjust differently... no freeplay at the lever, you adjust it by slightly putting pressure on the the lever as you rev to 5000 rmps, you should then gain 3/8" freeplay, you can adjust the engagement with springs in the pack... I run the mid setting that came stock in pack. works great. as for sand My engine runs hot because the rekluse allows me to run a taller gear which gives me more control, but makes more heat in the clutch and engine. but its awesome to be able to ride sand good.

oh yea, the price is easier to swallow too at $400. unless your running more motor than stock, I dont see why you would need the more spendy setup, even the pro's alot of the time run the EXP with the built up engines and mix in thier own hodge-podge of other upgrades such as hinson basket and plates and such.

Last edited:

Caleb

Rekluse is installed, I just need to adjust the free play gain and I'll be ready to go. It got late and I need to have the bike running to do that, so I don't think my wife, boy, or neighbors would appreciate me doing it at this time of night :D