Engine- VQ40 DOHC ~ 4.0-liter DOHC V6, 265hp and 284 lb-ft torque

Transmission- 5-speed A/T

T-Case- 4wd Stock

Axles- Stock

Suspension- Top Gun Customs spacers, and AC shackles

Wheels and Tires- 235/8516 10 Ply M/T's on Toyota Tacoma OE steel spare wheels

Winch- Not yet

Lighting- 100w IPF lights up front, w/ clear covers

Favorite Trails- Anywhere in the San Rafael Swell, or central/southern Utah is where I explore.

It got the name 'Stalker' while sitting at the dealership, before we even bought it. My wife told me the color was 'Night Armor', and later on I was trying to recall the name of the color, but instead of 'Night Armor', I called it 'Night Stalker'... So 'Stalker' just stuck.

Day after we picked it up from the dealer
100_3126.jpg

As of 11-18-09
DSC_1536.jpg

2009 Mods:
Top Gun Customs spacers
AC shackles.
235/85/16 10 ply M/T's
SpiderTrax aluminum wheel adapters (6x4.5 - 6x5.5)
Trailgear sliders - customised
Cobra DX III CB radio
Yaesu 2800M FM radio
MaxiTrip - Scan tool
Raingler half barrier
IPF driving lights with poly clear shields
Mountaineering Rack - Custom built
Quickfists - Maglight/Fire extinguisher
TruckBedez air mattress

Long term mods:
Skid plates
Front Bumper w/ winch
Rear full bumper
Roof rack - custom built
Xoskel Lo Pro

Last edited:

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
In an earlier thread didn't you say that you would be able to also retain ownership of the 4Runner?

Why mod and wheel the X when you have a locked 4Runner that has already been "loved" by the trail?

--Looks good.

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
well the newer X's actually wheel quite well. had a friend with one who moved to vegas and it was awsome the few times we took it out up here b4 he sold it

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
In an earlier thread didn't you say that you would be able to also retain ownership of the 4Runner?

Why mod and wheel the X when you have a locked 4Runner that has already been "loved" by the trail?

--Looks good.

The 4runner's still in my name, but my father-in-law is driving it and making payments on it. Sounds wierd, i know, i know.. That's just how it's working for right now..

We are transitioning the X to be our primary weekend wheeling vehicle.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I was going to blow $600-700 of my tax return on a brand new set of rubbers... Which is something i've never done before. But, at this point i'm going to try to stretch that money into an ARB bumper. I think that's more practicle at the moment, as it's somewhat easy to locate used tires any time.. There's no way i'd be able to pay for an ARB bumper without saving for half a year.

Short list of mods to come very soon:

Wire up IPF's mounted on front bumper

Install rear lifted shackles & front spacers

Wheel adapters(6x4.5 - 6x5.5)

Move 285's and Taco steelies to X from 4runner

Retrofit rock sliders from 4runner to X (sand blast/paint/install)

Hold out for ARB bumper ~ Coming soon to a CruiserOutfitters near you!!

HAM radio

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Got the IPF's bolted and wired, all with the exception of the switch to the dash. I redid all of the connections in the entire wiring harness as they had developed a lot of corrosion in the 4runner. I used large fender washers on the backside of the grille, and large rubber fender washers inbetween the light brackets and grille.. This is to minimize any chaffing or rubbing, which would uglyize the grille real quick.

0408091419.jpg

0408091419a.jpg

0408091418.jpg

0408091419b.jpg

0408091258.jpg

I'm using this OE Toyota fog switch ~ $12 Toyota parts counter
ToyotaOEMfogswitch2.jpg

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
All this just to get to the lower dash panel... Crazy Japanese puzzle..
torndash.jpg

The switch turned out lookin nice..
drivinglighton.jpg

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
6 x 4.5"? :confused: I didn't even know that was an option on any vehicle. Weird.

In Nissan's infinate wisdom they went from 6x5.5 (1st gen Xterra), to the now uber gay 6x4.5 pattern.

Doesn't the Dodge Durango have that 6x4.5" pattern?

There's some similarity in the drivetrain between the Xterra and the Durango.. Very little but some, as Dana/Spicer has many parts in the Xterra's running gear..

Sammi, I have some sweet new wheels that will fit. I'll make you a killer deal. :greg:

Details? PM me

The "Stocker" is lookin' good man...:)

har har.. Lift should be on this weekend.. ARB bumper as soon as it is available :eek:

The 4Runner wasn't gay enough for ya, eh? hhehehe I KID, I KID!!!

Looks nice and comfy, good job on the install. Real clean.

thanks.. i think ;)

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Got the Optima in..

Had to add in the Pos cable to reach the post. Under the Pos plastic cap is a series of fuses that don't allow much movement of the Pos cable, hence we added that extention. Turned out nice.

0423090813.jpg

Last edited:

DewYota

haha i think the X needs that battery. in regards to what happened in the parkinglot at the gas station :D looks good man!