Political So now what

Political discussions within

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Come on. We recently determined that you haven't noticed the non-stop smear campaign against Trump since 2016, since you apparently haven't been paying attention. As if one would have to go looking for the "orange man bad", "he's literally the devil" "F**k Trump" commentary from the leftists, mainstream media, so-called celebrities, the DA Sim Gill, etc, etc, on and on.
Sigh. Really? Come on man, at least try. This on is called false inference. I said I don't have or watch network TV and that I don't find a late night comedian to be a credible source of news. It's obviously a credible source of outrage for people looking for outrage .But outrage isn't news. I am probably guilty of not paying as much attention this political cycle, mostly because I'm totally over it...mostly due to things like this.

There is a non stop smear campaign against Trump. There is also one against Biden. Relative to their personal faults and offenses, the Biden one feels like it's at about a 10x. That's just how I feel. I was literally at a stop light this morning behind a truck with a skull sticker, AR crossbones, and "**** Joe and his Ho" sticker. Very insightful commentary, I'm sure he's a treat at a party.

I don't know if there are any algorithms that can show the amount of anti-Trump content vs anti-Biden content. Neither is a saint and neither is qualified to stand by the self checkouts at Target, but Trump's rap sheet is way worse.
It's obvious how the left will position her. They will make her sound like the second coming.

I think Ted Cruz is right in this situation. His take: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cr...pitching-her-mother-teresa-oprah-gandhi-combo

My problem with Kamala is simply her track record, and her character. Affairs with a married man to get ahead, IGNORING the Border. Of course that's the Democrat party plan, not just her, to the detriment of everyone in this country. It's an insult to the Citizens of this country, and everyone who comes her legally. Her speeches where she can't string together a coherent sentence are not confidence inspiring.
You push back about the attacks on Trump's character, but then you come out with that? She had an affair...OK...umm....Trump's better there? Did she "grab em by the d*ck?". Did she let herself into the dressing room of the Mr America competition? Did she pay off Ron Jeremy? Has she been caught bribing people? I mean, she's a politician and they all have their warts, but Trump is by all accounts a terrible human. Have you literally ever heard anyone, friend, family, or colleague, come forward and say anything positive about the guy? His family seems to hate him, his staff generally hated him, nobody trusts him, and he'll throw anyone under the bus to save his own skin. He did govern over an administration that did some good, but good and bad during a presidential term is tough to separate from previous administration. Like was said with inflation, Biden didn't necessarily cause it, and Trump didn't necessarily cause it either. National policy often takes multiple years to show any impact, and then we get the benefit of hindsight to judge the quality of the decision making.
Someone said there will be cracks about her gender.

I notice I've been referring to her as "Her and she" Are we allowed to call her a woman? Is it now offensive and taboo to assume she's a woman? As ridiculous as it sounds, that's apparently the new norm.
What does any of that have to do with her or her politics? Please explain further, because this just sounds silly.
For the record, I couldn't care less about her gender. It's also not a job qualification.
Sounds like you do care about gender, but only if it's a different perspective on gender than yours. Got it.

02SE

If you are questioning her character, I assume you are a never Trumper?

I voted for Trump in the last two elections. I plan to vote for him again. Simply because he and the Republican Party most closely aligns with my small Government beliefs. Actions around the world by tyrants during Trumps and Bidens time in office, also indicates they take Trump more seriously.

The fact that the Country and the world were better with Trump, than with Biden, is reason alone.

I am not impressed by Kamala's character. Her history is known, if you care to look. If that weren't enough, her job performance as VP is abysmal. She was in charge of the Border. Ignoring it as she has, and failing to secure the Border, has allowed drugs, and illegals who have attacked and killed US Citizens to flood into the Country. That's a pretty poor track record as VP. I have a friend who is on the CBP. The Border has been a frustrating joke under the Biden Administration.

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
watched the new last night and they said that she has the amount of delegates needed to be the nominate for the Democratic party.
So she more then likely will be the one facing off with Trump.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I simply said that we are going to see racists and sexist memes and comments, which I have been seeing. I condemned that and would hope everyone would.
I never stated or implied that if you don't like her, you are sexist or racists. Huge leap made by people here.
To be honest, when I read “What I see happening from here sadly will include a lot of hateful posts...” I actually read as “what I see happening here” rather than “from here” and was…uh….triggered? :D While you might have not implied bigotry as the reasons behind dislike, it is far too common a response by the left, I suppose in the same way that “deep state” is a common response by the right. Both of which are ridiculous.

02SE

Sigh. Really? Come on man, at least try. This on is called false inference. I said I don't have or watch network TV and that I don't find a late night comedian to be a credible source of news. It's obviously a credible source of outrage for people looking for outrage .But outrage isn't news. I am probably guilty of not paying as much attention this political cycle, mostly because I'm totally over it...mostly due to things like this.

There is a non stop smear campaign against Trump. There is also one against Biden. Relative to their personal faults and offenses, the Biden one feels like it's at about a 10x. That's just how I feel. I was literally at a stop light this morning behind a truck with a skull sticker, AR crossbones, and "**** Joe and his Ho" sticker. Very insightful commentary, I'm sure he's a treat at a party.

I don't know if there are any algorithms that can show the amount of anti-Trump content vs anti-Biden content. Neither is a saint and neither is qualified to stand by the self checkouts at Target, but Trump's rap sheet is way worse.

You push back about the attacks on Trump's character, but then you come out with that? She had an affair...OK...umm....Trump's better there? Did she "grab em by the d*ck?". Did she let herself into the dressing room of the Mr America competition? Did she pay off Ron Jeremy? Has she been caught bribing people? I mean, she's a politician and they all have their warts, but Trump is by all accounts a terrible human. Have you literally ever heard anyone, friend, family, or colleague, come forward and say anything positive about the guy? His family seems to hate him, his staff generally hated him, nobody trusts him, and he'll throw anyone under the bus to save his own skin. He did govern over an administration that did some good, but good and bad during a presidential term is tough to separate from previous administration. Like was said with inflation, Biden didn't necessarily cause it, and Trump didn't necessarily cause it either. National policy often takes multiple years to show any impact, and then we get the benefit of hindsight to judge the quality of the decision making.

What does any of that have to do with her or her politics? Please explain further, because this just sounds silly.

Sounds like you do care about gender, but only if it's a different perspective on gender than yours. Got it.

As I said, Kimmel is not News. It was just one example of the smear campaign which is/ has been far greater against Trump than Biden. Which is obvious if you've paid even the slightest attention.

The private conversation that was recorded, where Trump made a locker-room type boast to another guy about grabbing them by the p***y, was apparently just wishful boasting, as there wasn't a cavalcade of women coming forward to sue Trump for doing so...

Trump may or may not be a sexist pig. But Kamala did get ahead, by her affair with a married man. Yes, there's a long history of politicians with loose morals. Bill Clinton, JFK, just to name two.

The gender thing is ridiculous most of the time, which is my point.

I recall Biden stating he was nominating a black woman for the Supreme Court. We'll ignore (like the left did) that such a statement is racist AND sexist... During the hearings to determine if the new Justice would be impartial, they/she/it (I can't assume anything, so I'm using several pronouns so as to not offend) essentially stated "I'm not a biologist, so I'm not qualified to determine what a woman is".

That, demonstrates how "silly" the 'Gender' issue has become.

In short, Kamala being a woman (am I allowed to assume that?), is irrelevant to me. Her job performance in various roles in CA, and her incompetent job as VP, is what's most important to me.

Trate D

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Biden vowing out over X and not being seen or publicly addressing anything sense?

This is really odd to me sick or not with a decision like that being made there should be some sort of follow up. When is the announcement that he succumbed to his sickness and we never hear the story?

Just conspiracy thinking out loud….

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
What’s everyone’s thoughts on the Biden vowing out over X and not being seen or publicly addressing anything sense?

This is really odd to me sick or not with a decision like that being made there should be some sort of follow up. When is the announcement that he succumbed to his sickness and we never hear the story?

When he wakes up from his nap he's going to be pissed. :D

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

I mean, in some ways its par for the course with him, right? He ran his 2020 campaign from his basement. He only works from 10am to 4pm, four days a week. He hasn't convened a cabinet meeting for eight months. He's really been a President in Name Only. So why waste the time and energy on one of the most consequential announcements in American Presidential history with a speech to the nation?

Personally, I think that he is so mentally infirm and the past three weeks have taken such a toll on him, that he just can't be trusted to be put in front of a camera. I mean, he canceled a meeting with the PM of Israel today! That's nuts, but what isn't when it comes to the Biden-Harris Administration these days? We'll see if he actually addresses the nation this week as promised beyond just a speakerphone call into his former campaign office.

I'm beginning to wonder if he will actually resign. Perhaps the Dems will make sure they get through the convention with a huge, "Biden is the greatest POTUS EVAR" shindig followed by a Super Bowl half-time show of a debutants ball for Harris. Once she has officially secured the nomination and selected a VP, then Biden will shuffle off stage left and Harris can run as the "incumbent" allowing the media to cry foul about how dare America try to replace the first Black/South Asian/Indian Womyn President in history with an old white guy.

That said, if Biden resigns his legacy is toast forevermore. Rather than just being a trivia question, he will be only one of two men who has ever resigned the office. But unlike Nixon, who lived for another 20 years and was able to rehabilitate his image as a flawed, but ultimately skilled and intelligent elder statemen; Biden is going to flame out and this is the end of his long career in the public eye. And if Harris loses... oh boy. He'll certainly become persona non-grata among Democrats for time immemorial because he refused to bow out a year ago.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin

It wasn't even on official letterhead either.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
As I said, Kimmel is not News. It was just one example of the smear campaign which is/ has been far greater against Trump than Biden. Which is obvious if you've paid even the slightest attention.
I mean, I'm alive so I can't NOT see things. My personal perspective is the opposite of yours, and since I doubt there is available data not owned by Meta or X that can show definitively otherwise, this is just a matter of differing opinions.

I saw something on line that I thought was funny and poignant to the effect of "the paradox of modern conservatives is to try and be simultaneously super masculine while also playing the role of the victim".

The private conversation that was recorded, where Trump made a locker-room type boast to another guy about grabbing them by the p***y, was apparently just wishful boasting, as there wasn't a cavalcade of women coming forward to sue Trump for doing so...
Maybe not a cavalcade, but not none right? And plenty of other anecdotal stories of his behavior, his public relationship history, and the people he's had to pay off to stay quiet. I think smart money would say there are more than are out there. I'd also bet my entire non-existent farm that Trump has paid for multiple, politically inconvenient abortions in his day. Like -2000 odds.

I will give him this, he did seem to be homies with Epstein without being implicated in any of that POS's operations. I'm certain that connection has been explored ad nauseum by people trying to bury him.
Trump may or may not be a sexist pig.
I guess he's earned the benefit of the doubt here, amiright or amiright? Is there any doubt? This one is like +2000 lol
But Kamala did get ahead, by her affair with a married man. Yes, there's a long history of politicians with loose morals. Bill Clinton, JFK, just to name two.
Ya, perhaps that helped. I'm sure having two PHD parents that legally immigrated here probably had some influence on her drive and career trajectory. I know it's more respectable to come from inherited wealth, but not everyone gets to be born into that situation. And yes, politicians are flawed like all of us.
The gender thing is ridiculous most of the time, which is my point.
I just think it's a whole lot of, who cares? I've never been in those shoes, and until I or my kids or immediate family deals with something like that, I choose to be pretty agnostic about it. I have several pretty religious and/or conservative friends in my larger circle (not people I talk to all that much) that now have trans or non-binary children, and all of a sudden they have differing perspectives on the situation. As a Libertarian leaning person, I would think you'd take more of a live and let live, leave me alone to do me and I'll leave you alone to do you approach, but the difficult part of that for me to figure out is how people only want those freedoms for themselves and those like them, and if you're different then **** you, be like me. Probably trans women don't need to compete in high level competitive sports, I'd be inclined to agree with that sentiment, but outside of that leave people alone to be happy how they want to be happy.
I recall Biden stating he was nominating a black woman for the Supreme Court. We'll ignore (like the left did) that such a statement is racist AND sexist... During the hearings to determine if the new Justice would be impartial, they/she/it (I can't assume anything, so I'm using several pronouns so as to not offend) essentially stated "I'm not a biologist, so I'm not qualified to determine what a woman is".

That, demonstrates how "silly" the 'Gender' issue has become.

In short, Kamala being a woman (am I allowed to assume that?), is irrelevant to me. Her job performance in various roles in CA, and her incompetent job as VP, is what's most important to me.
This just sounds like you are very angry about the modern pro-noun fluid gender situation. Why do you care so much? How has it impacted/hurt you? I'm honestly curious.

Sometimes those that are most vocally against something are doing so to hide something inside that they are terrified of confronting. The most anti-gay person I ever knew, magically came out as gay like 10 years down the road... to the surprise of no-one. The previously joked about grinder thing being another example. Larry Craig etc. I'm not saying you are gay or have gender identity issues, but whenever I clock someone as being so outwardly against something that they have to go out of their way to keep bringing it up, it raises a flag. This is an important issue for you obviously, did you have a child lose out on a spot on the swim team or something?

I really don't know a ton about her role as VP or her history in CA. I'm trying to learn things about her, probably like most Americans right now. I do like family background, the part where people immigrated here to find a better life, leaned on education and work ethic etc etc. I mean, her dad is the head of the Economics department at probably the most prestigious business school in the country, if not the world. She's not close to an ideal candidate or even a top choice for me, but considering the track record of the opposition, she's probably going to get my vote.

Then I get to listen to Trump rally his disciples for at least 4 more years because it will keep his name in the news for at least another cycle. Fun.

Even more fun will be watching Vance try to run in 4 years on the full ****ing Gilead platform.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
Even more fun will be watching Vance try to run in 4 years on the full ****ing Gilead platform.
Cody, you're better than this. Take some time to read up on JD Vance as well while you're finding out about Kamala. As I've stated before, I am no fan of his politics, but statements like this are so annoying because its just totally uninformed hyperbole. If you really read about his background and policy positions, there's nothing in there that's even remotely close to some "Gilead" White Christian Nationalist dystopian vision. (In reality its more big government, industrial policy, union pandering than even Al Gore or John Kerry were willing to propose.)

For example, did you know that he married an Indian woman in a Hindu ceremony and they maintain a mixed faith household? Sounds like a rather modern American family to me, doesn't it? Not exactly something welcomed by the White Nationalist movements.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I simply said that we are going to see racists and sexist memes and comments, which I have been seeing. I condemned that and would hope everyone would.
I never stated or implied that if you don't like her, you are sexist or racists. Huge leap made by people here.
So I suppose it is sexist to point out how she has used promiscuity to further her career even though it is all documented and true?

02SE

I mean, I'm alive so I can't NOT see things. My personal perspective is the opposite of yours, and since I doubt there is available data not owned by Meta or X that can show definitively otherwise, this is just a matter of differing opinions.

I saw something on line that I thought was funny and poignant to the effect of "the paradox of modern conservatives is to try and be simultaneously super masculine while also playing the role of the victim".

Maybe not a cavalcade, but not none right? And plenty of other anecdotal stories of his behavior, his public relationship history, and the people he's had to pay off to stay quiet. I think smart money would say there are more than are out there. I'd also bet my entire non-existent farm that Trump has paid for multiple, politically inconvenient abortions in his day. Like -2000 odds.

I will give him this, he did seem to be homies with Epstein without being implicated in any of that POS's operations. I'm certain that connection has been explored ad nauseum by people trying to bury him.

I guess he's earned the benefit of the doubt here, amiright or amiright? Is there any doubt? This one is like +2000 lol

Ya, perhaps that helped. I'm sure having two PHD parents that legally immigrated here probably had some influence on her drive and career trajectory. I know it's more respectable to come from inherited wealth, but not everyone gets to be born into that situation. And yes, politicians are flawed like all of us.

I just think it's a whole lot of, who cares? I've never been in those shoes, and until I or my kids or immediate family deals with something like that, I choose to be pretty agnostic about it. I have several pretty religious and/or conservative friends in my larger circle (not people I talk to all that much) that now have trans or non-binary children, and all of a sudden they have differing perspectives on the situation. As a Libertarian leaning person, I would think you'd take more of a live and let live, leave me alone to do me and I'll leave you alone to do you approach, but the difficult part of that for me to figure out is how people only want those freedoms for themselves and those like them, and if you're different then **** you, be like me. Probably trans women don't need to compete in high level competitive sports, I'd be inclined to agree with that sentiment, but outside of that leave people alone to be happy how they want to be happy.

This just sounds like you are very angry about the modern pro-noun fluid gender situation. Why do you care so much? How has it impacted/hurt you? I'm honestly curious.

Sometimes those that are most vocally against something are doing so to hide something inside that they are terrified of confronting. The most anti-gay person I ever knew, magically came out as gay like 10 years down the road... to the surprise of no-one. The previously joked about grinder thing being another example. Larry Craig etc. I'm not saying you are gay or have gender identity issues, but whenever I clock someone as being so outwardly against something that they have to go out of their way to keep bringing it up, it raises a flag. This is an important issue for you obviously, did you have a child lose out on a spot on the swim team or something?

I really don't know a ton about her role as VP or her history in CA. I'm trying to learn things about her, probably like most Americans right now. I do like family background, the part where people immigrated here to find a better life, leaned on education and work ethic etc etc. I mean, her dad is the head of the Economics department at probably the most prestigious business school in the country, if not the world. She's not close to an ideal candidate or even a top choice for me, but considering the track record of the opposition, she's probably going to get my vote.

Then I get to listen to Trump rally his disciples for at least 4 more years because it will keep his name in the news for at least another cycle. Fun.

Regarding the 'Gender' issue, I do not care one way or another, what I object to, is having to hear about it endlessly. Particularly virtue-siganlling from the left. Biden with his virtue-signalling pick for SC Justice. If it weren't virtue-signalling, he simply would have named Mrs. Jackson as the pick, without making a BIG DEAL of her being a 'black woman". I suspect you won't see the point, but so be it.

If we're talking gender in sports: I do know some young girls that have lost real opportunities, to boys in their late teen years. These boys of course developed as young men, who then decided they wanted to identify as a girl, and compete in women's sports. Putting the natural born girls at a distinct disadvantage to earn scholarships, etc. A very unfair situation to young girls.

Now the question of whether I'm Gay? No. I'm not sure why you posited that, as I've never had an issue with anyone being gay.

As I told you when we were talking at Bewilder, I have a nephew who is gay. His being gay changes nothing. I love my nephew. I know he struggled for years with the idea that he is gay, since the LDS church he was raised in, is not the most welcoming to gay people. His husband seems like a good guy to me, and I'm happy for them. We're not supposed to have favorites in families, but he is my favorite family member.

I didn't know what "Grinder" meant. I'm glad someone else 'Googled' that, as I was able to understand what it was from the comments.

If there is some concern that my objection to Kamala is that she is a woman, rest assured that doesn't matter to me in elected officials. I have voted for women who won their election campaigns, and went on to represent me and everyone else in their district. Mia Love being just one of the women I have voted for.

In short, or TLDR, Kamala's track record in all of her positions current and past, means I would never vote for her for anything.

Pike2350

I voted for Trump in the last two elections. I plan to vote for him again. Simply because he and the Republican Party most closely aligns with my small Government beliefs.
I find this hilarious. The Republicans haven't been "for small government" for over 30 years. They want to expand the government just as much as the Democrats. They are just expanding it in different areas.

I hear all the rallying calls to eliminate this or that agency, yet when they have the power in all 3 major governing bodies NOTHING gets done.

I always find this funny from modern conservatives. If Trump came out to eliminate SS and Medicaid the 2 biggest money drains outside of defense, pretty much every old conservative would have a fit and bitch about how "I put into the system...blah, blah, blah" it's comical really.

Cut entitlements, defense spending (3 biggest portions of the over sized government) and then I will believe someone say they are ACTUALLY for smaller government.