Political So now what

Political discussions within

Trate D

My wife is a pretty woke, hardcore feminist that thinks Trump might be the actual devil and she thinks Kamala is a joke. I didn’t know she was racist and sexist until just now.
Yup, get on board with diversity hires, it’s the only way you can avoid being called names.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I have already seen one on other social media sites (FB) that are very misognistic and we have seen comments before on this very thread critical of her claims to being black.
The fringe exist, on both sides. You can't take the 5% on either end seriously. However, what will more likely be around 20% will be race baiting accusations about any criticism. So is it more harmful that there are 5% a holes who make disparaging remarks about her gender/race or the 20% that make racist remarks about legitimate political discourse?

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
What I see happening from here sadly will include a lot of hateful posts about Harris based on gender and race. Both disgraceful.
This is the quickest way to garner support for Trump. I have zero problems with Harris’ race or gender. But when liberal ideologues unfairly attribute criticism to underlying racism or sexism it makes me want their whole movement to lose, and lose bigly. Trump offends me, but stampy-footed woke shaming is even more offensive.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
This is one of the least intellectually honest statements a person can make. Any criticism, real or not will be attributed to the fact that she is a black woman. The same people who will make that argument have nothing but hate for Tulsi Gabbard who is also a non white woman but doesn't hold the correct stances so it's ok to criticize her. If the Democratic party had nominated Tulsi instead of Harris, there would be no contest right now about who would win the election, Tulsi is smarter and more articulate which is exactly why the didn't pick her for VP. So who really want's to hold women of color down?
I would absolutely vote for Tulsi before Trump. I’m sure I’ve said this before on RME, though I’m still a MAGA in some people’s blind eyes.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I’m still a MAGA in some people’s blind eyes.
In our deranged political world "MAGA' and "Far-Right" just means anyone who doesn't agree with the editorial board of the New York Times and Huffington Post. You can be like me, an ardent anti-Trump moderate and you'll still be lumped in with the MAGA crowd because you don't want to pack the court, believe in gun rights, and want a balanced budget.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
So follow me here, but I think I have the most American solution possible.

Let's put Harris, Hillary, and M. Obama in a locked cage with some weapons capable of blunt-force trauma (not guns though, because that seems off brand). Let the fight it out on PPV. Winner takes the nomination (and a Presidential Pardon) and the PPV proceeds to jump start the campaign.

I think projecting whether Harris can beat Trump is a fool's errand at this point. Nobody has any idea how the Democrat's will position her, and how people will react to it. Trump will run a smear campaign, because he's a bully, and I can only hope she takes the high road.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins

Let's put Harris, Hillary, and M. Obama in a locked cage with some weapons capable of blunt-force trauma (not guns though, because that seems off brand). Let the fight it out on PPV. Winner takes the nomination (and a Presidential Pardon) and the PPV proceeds to jump start the campaign.
I like it. Celebrity Deathmatch style.

I think projecting whether Harris can beat Trump is a fool's errand at this point. Nobody has any idea how the Democrat's will position her, and how people will react to it. Trump will run a smear campaign, because he's a bully, and I can only hope she takes the high road.
I agree its impossible to predict, though I still think it's probable that she'll eek it out because Trump is such a horrible candidate and most of his campaign was built around Biden being old and doddering.
I will say, she won't take the high road. Go back and watch videos of her debates in 2020 and you can see she's a mudslinger like the rest of them.

Houndoc

My wife is a pretty woke, hardcore feminist that thinks Trump might be the actual devil and she thinks Kamala is a joke. I didn’t know she was racist and sexist until just now.
I don't recall seeing anyone here say she was.

Funny how a comment that there are and will be misogynistic and racist comments made about Harris would be taken by several people here that any criticism of her equals sexism and racism.

Houndoc

In our deranged political world "MAGA' and "Far-Right" just means anyone who doesn't agree with the editorial board of the New York Times and Huffington Post. You can be like me, an ardent anti-Trump moderate and you'll still be lumped in with the MAGA crowd because you don't want to pack the court, believe in gun rights, and want a balanced budget.

To clarify if needed, fellow Anti-Trump moderates are not who I was referring to.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

M. Obama would dominate with her impressive reach. I like this plan.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Funny how a comment that there are and will be misogynistic and racist comments made about Harris would be taken by several people here that any criticism of her equals sexism and racism.
Funny? If that comment existed in a vacuum then yes. But in context of the number one retort from leftists against criticism, it should be pretty understandable. What’s that about Joe Biden being too old for the job? Ageist right wing bigots!!! You don’t like the new Indiana Jones movie? Sexists! They go to this well time and time again, it’s freaking ridiculous. Don’t play like you weren’t implying that sexism and racism are a big reason people don’t like her. That’s a tiny fraction of the population, not enough to keep her poll numbers in the toilet for years on end.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
If you won't vote for someone because they are a woman or black, that's stupid. If you do vote for someone just because they are a woman or black, that's equally as stupid. Representatives should be chosen off of merit, and not because they'd be the "first one".
You only say that because you're a racist bigot, clearly. 😉

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you won't vote for someone because they are a woman or black, that's stupid. If you do vote for someone just because they are a woman or black, that's equally as stupid. Representatives should be chosen off of merit, and not because they'd be the "first one".
Making decisions based on merit is not inclusive and therefore we will not have equity and not enough diversity…….so I am told

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I think there absolutely will be shots fired at her gender specifically. I mean, Trump walked into "It's a man's world" before his rally yesterday, I don't think that was a coincidence. It's like pro wrestling.

I also thought it was funny that Grinder crashed in Milwaukee during the rnc. Apparently in that community the rnc is known as the Grinder Superbowl lol. Totally tracks.

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
I think there absolutely will be shots fired at her gender specifically. I mean, Trump walked into "It's a man's world" before his rally yesterday, I don't think that was a coincidence. It's like pro wrestling.

I also thought it was funny that Grinder crashed in Milwaukee during the rnc. Apparently in that community the rnc is known as the Grinder Superbowl lol. Totally tracks.
Wait, is the question is Trump sexist and racist? I’d like to change my answer

02SE

Come on. We recently determined that you haven't noticed the non-stop smear campaign against Trump since 2016, since you apparently haven't been paying attention. As if one would have to go looking for the "orange man bad", "he's literally the devil" "F**k Trump" commentary from the leftists, mainstream media, so-called celebrities, the DA Sim Gill, etc, etc, on and on.

It's obvious how the left will position her. They will make her sound like the second coming.

I think Ted Cruz is right in this situation. His take: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cr...pitching-her-mother-teresa-oprah-gandhi-combo

My problem with Kamala is simply her track record, and her character. Affairs with a married man to get ahead, IGNORING the Border. Of course that's the Democrat party plan, not just her, to the detriment of everyone in this country. It's an insult to the Citizens of this country, and everyone who comes her legally. Her speeches where she can't string together a coherent sentence are not confidence inspiring.

Someone said there will be cracks about her gender.

I notice I've been referring to her as "Her and she" Are we allowed to call her a woman? Is it now offensive and taboo to assume she's a woman? As ridiculous as it sounds, that's apparently the new norm.

For the record, I couldn't care less about her gender. It's also not a job qualification.

Houndoc

Don’t play like you weren’t implying that sexism and racism are a big reason people don’t like her. That’s a tiny fraction of the population, not enough to keep her poll numbers in the toilet for years on end.
I simply said that we are going to see racists and sexist memes and comments, which I have been seeing. I condemned that and would hope everyone would.
I never stated or implied that if you don't like her, you are sexist or racists. Huge leap made by people here.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I simply said that we are going to see racists and sexist memes and comments, which I have been seeing. I condemned that and would hope everyone would.
I never stated or implied that if you don't like her, you are sexist or racists. Huge leap made by people here.
You may not have stated or implied that, but it will certainly be a main theme over the next few months.