Political So now what

Political discussions within

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Properties like yours and mine have skyrocketed in the last year. I've had neighboring properties to mine sell for 10 times what I paid 4 years ago. They are all the same square footage (5 acre lots) but they don't have a view like mine does.

The pandemic made recreation property like ours extremely appealing.

About 10ish years go (shortly after the fire) I had a neighbor try to sell me a few lots for $1,000 each. I even went and checked them out.. But there were so many available at that time that I figured it was a bad idea. Oops.

However, I think each of them were north of the fire department and all had HOA's. If I am going to buy a slice of heaven, it wont have someone telling me how to use it!

I've thought about asking you to let me know if a neighbor is selling sometime.. so I guess I just did.. :D

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
About 10ish years go (shortly after the fire) I had a neighbor try to sell me a few lots for $1,000 each. I even went and checked them out.. But there were so many available at that time that I figured it was a bad idea. Oops.

However, I think each of them were north of the fire department and all had HOA's. If I am going to buy a slice of heaven, it wont have someone telling me how to use it!

I've thought about asking you to let me know if a neighbor is selling sometime.. so I guess I just did.. :D
I've only heard of one for sale nearby. I'm not sure if it's a single 5 acre, or two 5's.

We have a Property Owners Association. They don't really have any rules, it's just a way to collect dues to pay for road maintenance/plowing. Ours is something like $140 a year.

jeeper

East Salt Lake/Holladay Appraised value $1,000,000. 2021 tax assessment $926,000. 2022 tax assessment $1,135,000

Herriman/Hi country Estates Appraised in 2020 for $555K, Appraised now $800K. 2021 Assessment $473K. 2022 Assessment $615K

jeeper

East Salt Lake/Holladay: Appraised value $1,000,000. 2021 tax assessment $926,000. 2022 tax assessment $1,135,000

Herriman/Hi country Estates: Appraised in 2020 for $555K, Appraised now $800K. 2021 Assessment $473K. 2022 Assessment $615K

Avenues Condo: Appraised value $505k, 2021 assessment $269k. 2022 assessment $327k

The first one makes me question my value :ugh: but the second 2 are more like what I expected. Tax assessments are still significantly less than appraised value.