Southwest Bike Trip : St:George or Mesquite

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I've never been to Warner Valley and I would imagine I'm not the only one. If anyone wants directions, here's what I have. -

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...oq=Cedar+City,+U&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=8&z=12

Head southwest on I-15 S

Take exit 13 toward Washington Pkwy

Turn left onto Washington Pkwy

At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on Washington Pkwy

Turn right onto E Telegraph St

Turn left onto S 300 E

Continue onto S Washington Fields Rd

Turn right onto Warner Valley Rd

Warner Valley‎!

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Jared would you be willing to pick up our 2 bikes in South Jordan on your way down?? We are going to drive my car down, and could follow you friday morning.. We will be leaving Saturday night, and I would be happy to meet you right off the freeway on your way back up sunday to get our bikes from you.
I think you are the only one North of me heading down..
If it makes an inconvenience at all then no worries.. We take my brothers truck down instead of my car. We were just trying to save some coin.

As far as while we are down there, do we need to have bikes chained up? what kind of parking/storage are we headed to? (on street, garage, gated community?)

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I'm off Friday as well, was thinking about leaving around 8 AM... which would put me in St George around 2 PM. (I may leave at 7 AM, get there closer to 1 PM?).

I was thinking on doing some riding first, if Tyson wouldn't be coming down until later. That would give me some time to tune my bike and wait for the others to show up.
Im planning on heading down friday morning too, should be down there friday afternoon, I also need to do some suspension tuning(clickers only) and was planning on going to washington dam as soon I get there, just because there is lots of variety of stuff right there by the parking lot, if you want to go there its the same directions you said only you turn left onto dam rd, after you get on 300E, heading back towards Sand Hollow.

Greg

Admin
Im planning on heading down friday morning too, should be down there friday afternoon, I also need to do some suspension tuning(clickers only) and was planning on going to washington dam as soon I get there, just because there is lots of variety of stuff right there by the parking lot, if you want to go there its the same directions you said only you turn left onto dam rd, after you get on 300E, heading back towards Sand Hollow.

Sounds good to me, I'd rather not have to drive all the way into Warner Valley.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Greg, the "turn right onto Warner Valley Road" does not seem right to me. Once you turn off of telegraph onto 300 E you just stay on that road past Staheli Farms. They have been doing that major road construction in that area and I am not sure how it has changed in the last year. I will confirm directions for you this weekend when we go out.

Greg

Admin
Greg, the "turn right onto Warner Valley Road" does not seem right to me. Once you turn off of telegraph onto 300 E you just stay on that road past Staheli Farms. They have been doing that major road construction in that area and I am not sure how it has changed in the last year. I will confirm directions for you this weekend when we go out.

I'd appreciate it Paul. Let me know, the Google Maps link above those directions is where I got that info.

Cascadia

Undecided
Lots of questions to catch up on. I can also leave Friday morning sometime. So the condo will be open by noon probably. I am up for any kind of riding on Friday. Don't care where we go as long as were not driving far. I'll already be sick of driving. Warner valley is only a few miles from our place.

Greg's directions take you to the condo also. Get off Washington parkway. Turn left on Washington parkway. Go straight through the round about but you don't go to telegraph. You take your last left before telegraph and then your first left into the subdivision. We can store all the bikes in the garage. And park the trailer at the church next door (150 ft away).

Last at time I rode Warner valley with Russ the were just doing the grading of the new road to the airport. Who knows where they're at with it now and if it's blocked off. It was still accessible then.

How many are coming with Jared and how many bikes on the trailer?

Anyone from Utah Valley planning on going and want to ride down with me?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
thats what I would recommend is parking at the washington dam parking area, until everyone is bored with the trails on that half of warner valley, then park on the Hurricane side when you want to ride trails on that end.

rholbrook

That is exactly where people unload and ride. The problem is the road is all torn apart there at the hairpin right before your pin. I will ask my FIL to go take a look. His back yard is the dam road. There is a wash that goes from there south all the way to the road that goes out to Fort Peirce which has a fun trail that goes behind it

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Any chance you can post a Google Maps Pin to the meeting area at Washington Dam?

Would this be it? - https://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.111975,-113.440043&num=1&t=h&z=16

Yep thats it Greg, the hairpin turn is just a couple blocks away from the parking area, it is steep and could be kinda torn up, if so we can just unload on the side of the road right there. depends on what kind of vehicles everyone brings, no biggie for a 4x4 pickup, maybe a big deal for enclosed trailers, that said Ive hauled my enclosed trailer with my buggy up it before.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Jared would you be willing to pick up our 2 bikes in South Jordan on your way down?? We are going to drive my car down, and could follow you friday morning.. We will be leaving Saturday night, and I would be happy to meet you right off the freeway on your way back up sunday to get our bikes from you.
I think you are the only one North of me heading down..
If it makes an inconvenience at all then no worries.. We take my brothers truck down instead of my car. We were just trying to save some coin.

I can haul your bikes and Tyson's quad no problem. I've had 4 sport quads, my DRZ, and an 1100cc road bike on the trailer all at once before and that does not include the truck bed. Four bikes and a quad would be easy on the flatbed.

I also still have two open seats in the super cab if anybody is interested.

Jared

Cascadia

Undecided
I think as of now ill take you up on hauling my stuff down and me filling one of those seats. If I find someone to head down with me then I'll drive. If not, I'd like to reserve myself a spot. Thanks!

Cascadia

Undecided
Are we going to do any after dark riding? Does everyone have lights? My bike does but I've been contemplating upgrading after my last dark ride last season. The stock headlight didn't help too much.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Are we going to do any after dark riding? Does everyone have lights? My bike does but I've been contemplating upgrading after my last dark ride last season. The stock headlight didn't help too much.

Niether my brother or I have headlights, KX450 and a YZ450 mxers. so we will be heading back to the truck before dark, but those of you with lights could continue without us.

Greg

Admin

I have a headlight on my bike, but figured it would be cool enough to drive us off the trail at that point.

That said, if we find some awesome riding I could see riding until Dusk or more.