Southwest Bike Trip : St:George or Mesquite

Cascadia

Undecided
Sounds good to me. Just wondering in case I needed to be prepared. I heard there is a race down there this weekend sometime on Saturday if we wanted to watch. It's at the mx track. Be cool to somehow make it part of the ride if that was possible.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Sounds good to me. Just wondering in case I needed to be prepared. I heard there is a race down there this weekend sometime on Saturday if we wanted to watch. It's at the mx track. Be cool to somehow make it part of the ride if that was possible.

the AMA Utah round 3 race at SGMX, raceing starts at 9am, It would kill a whole day to get about 30 minutes of riding in. I need to ride some desert to prep for a race Im doing in Mesquite in a few weeks, but yall can do what ever you would like.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
I'd much rather trail ride. We can find some jumps & hill climbs for fun, IMO.

Anyone hear any more about the road to the Washington Dam?

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I'd much rather trail ride. We can find some jumps & hill climbs for fun, IMO.

Anyone hear any more about the road to the Washington Dam?

Havent heard yet on Washinton Dam road, but yes there are some jumps right close to the parking lot. Im sure we can get to the parking lot, if not we can park a mile away and ride in, plenty of room.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I've never been to Warner Valley and I would imagine I'm not the only one. If anyone wants directions, here's what I have. -

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...oq=Cedar+City,+U&t=h&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=8&z=12

Head southwest on I-15 S

Take exit 13 toward Washington Pkwy

Turn left onto Washington Pkwy

At the traffic circle, continue straight to stay on Washington Pkwy

Turn right onto E Telegraph St

Turn left onto S 300 E

Continue onto S Washington Fields Rd

Turn right onto Warner Valley Rd

Warner Valley‎!

These directions are pretty accurate. 300 E turns into Washington Fields Road. You just stay on that road and it will take you all the way through Washington Fields and when you get to where they are doing the construction, the road takes a sharp left and goes under the road they are working on, which leads you to Warner Valley. I would reccommend staging from Moon Rocks, which is right by Fort Pierce. From here there are several trails that you can take to the south that are pretty fun. While you are riding more commonly used trails, watch for minor tracks that go up other drainages. They usually lead to some pretty fun trails.

Cascadia

Undecided
I know where Fort Pierce is Greg and how to get to Warner Valley. That's where Russ and I rode. I just don't know any awesome loops or long trails. But at least I know where to park and get there. There is plenty of room to park there with a trailer and plenty other vehicles.