Southwest Bike Trip : St:George or Mesquite

Cascadia

Undecided
If the Jared's truck gets full from people up north I am still willing to drive as long as I have at least one passenger and we just split gas. So I'd have room for you Kurt if you wanted to ride with me and there is no room in the truck. I'd still need to load my quad on the trailer though.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
These directions are pretty accurate. 300 E turns into Washington Fields Road. You just stay on that road and it will take you all the way through Washington Fields and when you get to where they are doing the construction, the road takes a sharp left and goes under the road they are working on, which leads you to Warner Valley. I would reccommend staging from Moon Rocks, which is right by Fort Pierce. From here there are several trails that you can take to the south that are pretty fun. While you are riding more commonly used trails, watch for minor tracks that go up other drainages. They usually lead to some pretty fun trails.

Thanks for the update Paul!

Trying still. Waiting for Doc to get back in touch with me. Hopefully he will by Wednesday.

You're cutting it close Russ!! :eek:

:p

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
So, I'm in. Looks like school doesn't start until next week.

I'm still 50/50... have a commitment I'm trying to move around. Anyone still have room for a dude and bike?

Room for both of you as long as you don't mind 3 in the back seat of a super cab. Leg space is a little tight, but the seat back has a little recline to it. Not quite a 4 door, but not too bad. Fare is free.

We'll be passing through SLC 8:30 am'ish Friday.

Jared

Last edited:

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Im guessing I will be first on the pick up list. Im in Clinton.

My number is eight o one 549 eight 6 one o. Call or text whenever. Im horrible at answering the phone tho. :D

Tonkaman

It's still possible that my head will show up tomorrow, I put the cases back together, throw the top end on, figure out jetting, break in motor, change oil, and pack just in time for this......

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
It's still possible that my head will show up tomorrow, I put the cases back together, throw the top end on, figure out jetting, break in motor, change oil, and pack just in time for this......

[video=youtube;CuwMvesrw7w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuwMvesrw7w[/video]

jeeper

Any idea on what we will do for meals?

Eat out each meal, Pack lunch on trail, Lunch at trucks??

My Brother is running a 2t with a stock size tank.. He can go about 50 miles without issue.. Will we be doing trails longer than that without a truck stop in between?
I have a Large tank and can supply him with extra if there is a problem.. but it takes some time to drain and fill bottles of fuel out of my tank into his.

Trail plan for Friday?
Trail Plan for Saturday?

I am getting so excited..

Edit: I talked to a fellow that was there last weekend, he said there is still snow on the ground from that big storm they had..

Last edited:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Edit: I talked to a fellow that was there last weekend, he said there is still snow on the ground from that big storm they had..
I was in Warner valley last weekend and there is not enough snow anywhere to matter. The only place we ran into any was in washes that were shaded.

jeeper

KSL is saying snow for the next few days, including Friday. If this is the case, I will have to bail out :( The snow is money falling from the skies when you run a plow..
However, KSL gets about 10% of their forecasts right, and Accuweather is saying sunshine.
I don't think that it will matter at all to anyone's plans if I cant make it, right?

I am planning on going, unless I am sitting in my plow Friday morning.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
So for passengers I have Cheston (shotgun!), Stratton, and Tyson, as well as a probable pickup of 2 bikes in South Jordan for Jeeper (Brian). I'm thinking if we want to have much ride time at all for Friday I'd better leave Ogden by 7am. This should put us on the following very approximate schedule...

• Pick up Cheston in Clinton at 7:30AM.
  • Pick up Stratton in Bountiful at 8:15 AM.
  • Pick up Brian's bikes in South Jordan at 9:00 AM.
  • Pick up Tyson in Orem at 9:45 AM.
  • Head to St. George with an approximate arrival time of 2:00 PM.

If we need to leave an hour earlier, let me know.

Tyson and Stratton, PM me your phone numbers please. I'll need to get addresses for everybody.

Jared 801.896.3044 (call or text)

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
Got my oil and filter changed tonight. I may do an air filter too. Might as well do both since it's the first ride of the season. I couldn't believe how dirty my oil was and how much junk was on my magnet on the drain plug. I'm glad I got it changed.

I may may also make a run to rmatv tomorrow to get some riding gear if anyone wants to order stuff and pay and I can pick it up or we could stop on the way down since its 2 minutes off the freeway.