Southwest Crawlfest... what went wrong?

mesha

By endurance we conquer
I don't want it swept under the rug. I want the BLM happy. If that means I pay them a few bucks fine. If they are happy without payment then even better. I do want those responsible to pay, but not at the cost of the big picture. Some of the others down in that area have said they will work with the BLM to make sure they are happy. If they are happy I won't pay anything. If they want the money then I will. I don't care if you agree. Unless the BLM agrees with you, then I agree with you;)

Tacoma

Et incurventur ante non
I am really not too worried about the BLM, myself. From my conversations to date, they are aware of what is a problem, and what is helpful. EDIT: also, the BLM will go after the party that owes them. They don't hold the entire 4wd community responsible.

For all of you out there who paid for a Land Use Raffle, your money went somewhere else, and WHERE doesn't matter much. You may want to think about how you feel about being stolen from, and how to handle that.

As long as I have my say, U4WDA will not allow itself any further association with SWCF. The phone calls, conversations, legal possibilities, etc, but mostly Steve Crabtree's lack of explanation, have really removed any "benefit of the doubt" that may we may have been reasonably expected to extend him. I don't appreciate having to deal with other people's messes. I REALLY don't like it when those messes have so much damaging potential.

I wish it had gone some other way.

Wyte

Hey that reminds me, anyone ever read the Charlie Wenzel thread on Pirate? I hope steve reads this prompting, it'd be a good read for him too.

Haha just spent last couple hours readin that
Hopefully Mr Crabtree posts up with some answers befor it gets put on there.....

i have a feeling that if people pay blm what was not paid the problem wont be solved, i feel that blm wont care about the issue once they get the money owed. you know they will have what they want and they would be done with it. leaving everyone else to deal with this issue.
but hey what do i know... i wasn't there therefore i shouldn't get in the middle of anything

TheBigSgt

Rep Big Horn 4x4
This thread started because we wanted people to know what Steve has done.
I personally want the whole world to know! This also has caused waved in other areas. Other people who have worked with him have not been payed. And yes these people have come to me to inform me of this. And these are small companies that can't afford to take a hit as big as he made.

For those of you out there who want to see this thread die because you think it is a black eye, well, it is a black eye. One I want you to remember and not let happen again!

Are we nuts? Hell yes, we work very hard to try to help the off-roaders is this state and take a lot of crap from the other side. And if you think for one minute that this is a easy battle, your wrong. And to have someone do something like this to our community really gets under my skin and I want the world to know. No Rumors just the facts.

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Has anyone linked this to pirate yet? I think we have played by crabtrees rules long enough. I think it's obvious he's guilty and should be exposed... Just my thoughts

Caleb

Has anyone linked this to pirate yet? I think we have played by crabtrees rules long enough. I think it's obvious he's guilty and should be exposed... Just my thoughts
Seriously, this is exactly what I'm talking about. What "FACTS" are going to come from pirate? If getting the facts are truly the intent, then posting on Pirate will prove nothing. :rolleyes:

If the point is to hang Steve out to dry, then admit that and quit trying to hide behind the guise of "fact gathering". There hasn't been a new "fact" gathered since the first page of this thread.

Last edited:

ricsrx

My SIL looked it up on Pirate and he said as of yesterday afternoon it looked dead.only about 17 posts....
I wasnt going to look it up for as Caleb stated, there will be no new facts to be gained from it.

Last edited:

SUPERFLY

CaptainRob
Im just saying, If Charlie Wenzel got rung over 25 bucks selling parts, I think it's time for crawlfest to get the recognition it deserves. After all the purpose of this thread was to bring to point all the facts and lay them out to make sure everyone was on the same track. What do you say we get the rest of the nation "on the same track"

...who knows maybe some one in California can back up steves story??

I wont have a problem linking it but I only have about 3 posts there... Any thoughts?

Hang steve out to dry? Or make sure he doesn't try and get away with it somewhere else?

1\4elliptic toy

shenanigans!
Look, the FACT is that Steve has all the money from the Raffle (remember this is many many thousands in donated money), Most of the money from the memberships and he has no intention of letting the community that donated the money know what he is up to with it. PIRATE FTW!! :cody:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
I'm not his "friend", but you should be able to view his page regardless. I can see his goings ons..