Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
I didn't know you were running chevies Tyler.

Brandon asked me a week ago for any extra chevy leaves, but if he doesn't want them, or if I have even more extras, then you can have 'em tyler. He's got a runner too, and they sag just a bit too much with the top on. That being said, I'm going to be running a camper shell too, so I may need the extra leaves. It'll take me a month or so to figure out the spring setup I want to go with, but I'll def keep you two in mind.

I decided I wont need them I might use a yota spring or try to lower the front a bit.

sixstringsteve

Good news and bad news.

bad news: Apparently I don't know how to measure wheels. I thought I had 17" steelies, but when I took them in to get them mounted, they told me they were 16's. And they told me it was stamped on the wheel (d'oh!).

They offered to sell me some 35x16" wheels, but I'm set on a 17" wheel.

Good news: I called Michael at allied wheels (the guys who make all those great beadlocks). He's going to rush a set through for me, and I should have 'em in two weeks. That's great news, because I didn't even think getting the right backspacing was a possibility at this point. So I ordered some unpainted, 17x8 3.5" BS wheels. I have a few days grace time in case they get held up at shipping. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they get built in time. Michael was a great guy to work with.

sixstringsteve

bad news: Allied is out of 8" outers. They offered to do a 9" wheel, but I don't want something that wide. I know seth is going to hop on here and try to convince me to get a 10" wheel, but I really only want a 17x8. Darn, that was my last chance for wheels that fit.

sixstringsteve

did they rub the springs on full lock steering? Were you able to air down below 8 psi without blowing the bead? I'm more worried about blowing a bead than anything.

Last edited:

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee
Steve, I'm searching to see if I have it documented what BS mine were. I should have an answer in a few hours whether I know for sure what it was or not.

sixstringsteve

thank you Jason.

I'll be running the IFS hub conversion on the front end, so it'll match the rear width without needing 1.5" spacers.

So I figure my stance will be similar to a toyota with an IFS rear axle and 1.5" spacers up front.

sixstringsteve

HUGE thanks to Ryan for dropping off the shackle mounts for the chevies.

I took the entire day off tomorrow, so I'm going to try to do the chevy rear spring swap in the morning, then start the ifs removal after that.

Sas should be happening on saturday morning if all goes as planned (and it never does)

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I hope you can document the ifs hub swap, I'll probably do the same on mine to keep the width, unless I'm able to make it up there :)