Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
sweet I love the look of those, and if you don't want those spacers we could make a deal, in fact that could be my deliver charge for your parts ;)

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

yup, got the truck on tuesday. I didn't get a "bunch" done, but I'm still working on the chevy swap in the rear. Tyson is here helping me. The more the merrier if anyone wants to swing by.

Cascadia

Undecided
Yep. He got the truck and it looks even better in person than it did in the pictures. And I was the first one to get to cut it up. Ok, well maybe steve did the first cut or 2 but I sure did enough today to say I hate grinding.

chans

yup, got the truck on tuesday. I didn't get a "bunch" done, but I'm still working on the chevy swap in the rear. Tyson is here helping me. The more the merrier if anyone wants to swing by.

Let me know if you need help tomorrow. I don't know if I can do much but want to check out the gear install in the T-Case.
PM me your address and I can swing by in the early afternoon.

sixstringsteve

THanks to taco4life for swinging by. Sorry I didn't have anything you could do :( I appreciated the gesture and the company though.

sixstringsteve

Let me know if you need help tomorrow. I don't know if I can do much but want to check out the gear install in the T-Case.
PM me your address and I can swing by in the early afternoon.

sure, come on over. I'll have you start the gear install so you can learn all about it. I can help if you have questions. Most of it is just removing bolts and tearing it apart.

sixstringsteve

Wait, so you do have the truck?

Man, I could have sworn I had a post back on the 22nd that said I had the truck. But now that I go back an look, I can't find it. :confused:

I picked the truck up Tuesday night. It's a great truck, just like the pictures.

Taco4life

THanks to taco4life for swinging by. Sorry I didn't have anything you could do :( I appreciated the gesture and the company though.

Sure thing, you looked like you had been grinding all day... And you haven't even started on the front. :D Do you have a torch to take off the IFS?

Man, I could have sworn I had a post back on the 22nd that said I had the truck. But now that I go back an look, I can't find it. :confused:

I picked the truck up Tuesday night. It's a great truck, just like the pictures.

Lies, it looks better than the pictures! Pictures don't do this truck justice, this thing is ridiculously clean!

Coco

I am not a big fan of the FJ steelies, but to each his own. I prefer the sweet TRD FJ wheels in black. those are sweet!!

sixstringsteve

I am not a big fan of the FJ steelies, but to each his own. I prefer the sweet TRD FJ wheels in black. those are sweet!!

I'm not a big fan of purple flames, but to each his own ;)

I love the FJ steelies. I'm not saying that if I could have any wheel in the world it'd be those, (although they might be my first pick). TRD FJ wheels are definitely sweet, but they're also 4-5 times the cost of my steelies. Although it would look nice, it wouldn't be worth it to me.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

Do you have a torch to take off the IFS?

I don't have a torch :(

I was grinding for another 2 solid hours after you left.

Thanks to Tyson spending 8 hours helping me yesterday, we finally got the rear chevies on. They only gave me about an inch of lift. I'm not sure if I'm wanting to add a 4th leaf, or if I want to lower the shackle mount 2" or so. Tweaking the leaf pack is easy now that the mounts are on. I just tacked the rear shackle mount since I'm not 100% sure what I"m going to do with it yet.

Tomorrow: remove IFS and hopefully finish the sas. but after today's drawn-out work, I'll be lucky if I just grind off the ifs before midnight.

Last edited: