Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

Max Power

Bryce
Nice. I love the finish on those bilstein 5100's. I used to have the powder coated 5150's but they started to rust up on me. Are you going to have to run fender flares?

lewis

Fight Till You Die
do they squish under impact Lewis? I have a set sets of stock rears bump stops.

I cut mine down to get a bit more up travel. I don't think they squish very much. I only have about 2" up travel and will feel the bump a few times on a rough road. I looked into air bumps but my bumpstop mounts are my favorite part on the truck.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Made them with welding only one side.
20090615_5847.jpg

sixstringsteve

I got it out of the garage. I still have a squishy brake pedal though. It doesn't do anything for the first 2 inches, then it grabs really well. I'm guessing I need to bleed my MC. I ran it out of fluid during the build, and I tried to pump it a few times. I didn't want to bench bleed it, and I think that's why it's sucking right now. ANy ideas of how to bleed my master without having to unhook my brake lines and re-bleed the entire truck?

I'm comparing my M/C to a new FJ80 M/C and they look identical, so I'm guessing I have the bigger M/C.

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

And I got it outside.

IMG_1012.JPG

lewis

Fight Till You Die
I got it out of the garage. I still have a squishy brake pedal though. It doesn't do anything for the first 2 inches, then it grabs really well. I'm guessing I need to bleed my MC. I ran it out of fluid during the build, and I tried to pump it a few times. I didn't want to bench bleed it, and I think that's why it's sucking right now. ANy ideas of how to bleed my master without having to unhook my brake lines and re-bleed the entire truck?

I'm comparing my M/C to a new FJ80 M/C and they look identical, so I'm guessing I have the bigger M/C.

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

And I got it outside.

IMG_1012.JPG

Looks good. What bore size is your MC? The only one I know that is bigger is the t100 1 ton that has a 1-1/16" bore.

sixstringsteve

The fj 80 one is 1", and externally it Is identical. I haven't pulled my stock mc yet, so I can't say its 100% identical.

On the bottom of the mc there is a brass bolt. I believe its for a residual valve. Could I bleed the master through that bolt? I'm thinking of removing it and bleeding it with my finger plugging it on the upstroke of the pedal, but I don't know if it'll work.

sixstringsteve

I expected a bit more play in the pedal since the tundra caliper is way bigger than the 4cyl ones, but it has a lot more play than expected.

lewis

Fight Till You Die
Does it get solid after pumping it a few times or is it the same sponge? My pedal had a ton of play until I went with the t100 MC. I got mine from rock auto.