Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

Addiction

Life is Good!!
Steve,

That was fun last night. For the not so mechanically inclined it was very informative. I am glad to see your spirits are high for Moab. As for tonight my boy has a double header, but should be done around 8pm. If you need help tonight getting the tranny back in give me a call.

As for the bed of the truck, I like it with out also. Who needs side walls when they make bungee cords.

sixstringsteve

Eric is coming at 9 to help me finish the clutch install, then I'll need a hand around 9:30-9:45 to get the tranny and t-cases back in. If you could show up around 9:45 that would be awesome. We'll probably only need you for about 15-20 min. Once we get the drivetrain back in, it'll be able to drive under its own power and I can get it back in the garage.

sixstringsteve

There's a lot I need to get done on Saturday. I could use some help if anyone is looking for something to do on Saturday.

Here's what I need to do:

- extend/box in rear frame
- extend rear shackle mounts
- trim bed for high-clearance
- build rear bumper
- install bed and camper shell

- install front bump stops
- adjust front steering stops
- install rear shocks

and if there's time:
- install sliders
- wire lockers
- install seats/seatbelt
- trim fenders/front bumper
- install wheel spacers
- install mudflaps
- wire up a license plate light
- install rear diff guard
- add a leaf to the front springs

and I need to remember to:
- fill t-cases
- make sure PS fluid isn't filled too high and it's bled

It's looking like a tuesday night maiden voyage out at snakes. Anyone who wants to join us is welcome to come.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

sweet, thanks. I have a trampoline if the kids want to come over.

Oh, and I have a press now, so I can help you with your bushings (just not this weekend obviously)

sixstringsteve

I'm trying to decide which bumper style I want to run. Honestly, it'd be cheaper to keep the TG and run with it, but it's going to give me the least departure angle.

I should be a graphic designer with my killer photoshop skills. Styles 1-4 will be with 2" square tube. It won't match my round tube sliders, but that doesn't matter too much to me.

style 1

bumper%201.jpg

Style 2

bumper%202.jpg

Style 3

Bumper%203.jpg

Style 4

Bumper%204.jpg

Style 5: crooked TG bumper that will be straightened.

IMG_0996.JPG

IMG_0998.JPG

I don't know why TG didn't improve on Marlin's design by moving that bottom piece inboard instead of outboard.

sixstringsteve

I dig style 4 the best, but style 5 will save me about 4 horus, but I think I'll get hung up a ton more. Decisions decisions...

chans

I would keep the Trail Gear and straighten it out and then cut off that hoop that cuts down you departure angle and weld a new piece of tube accross, under the tailgate. Should save you a bunch of time and you can always weld the new tube after Moab but cut the hoop off before.

Chevycrew

Leave the bumper as the last thing to do before moab. Then if no time throw on the TG. If you have time, I'd go with style 3.

sixstringsteve

#2 looks cool in paint, but I think it'd look lame in person. I love the suggestions, keep 'em coming.

Style 4 would be like this, but square tube since I don't have a bender:

tacorearbumper.jpg

I like how the top sticks out instead of the bottom. I don't know what TG was thinking.

Last edited: