Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

sixstringsteve

I'll be working 9am to 5pm. Then I teach guitar from 530pm - 930pm. Then ill hit hit it hard at 930 pm again. I'm hopeful that ill get it drivable to make it to moab.

sixstringsteve

- wire lockers
- trim rear fenders
- install sliders
- install mudflaps
- install rear bumper (4 bolts, shouldn't take long)
- find some leaf springs
- add a leaf or two to the front
- tons of little odds and ends

sixstringsteve

I just spent the last couple hours taking it on the freeway and around town. This thing drives really nice. It's looking like it's going to get me to moab no problem. I still need to add a leaf or two to the front pack to keep it off the bump stos, but other than that it rode really well. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

sixstringsteve

I weighed the truck today, and with me and my dog in it (and a few tools) it came out to 3990 lbs. Not as bad as I thought it'd be.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
steve i have some leafs on my runner that you can have but i dont know how to get them to you unless you can drive up here tonight, im taking them off after work and starting the runner build up.....chop chop grind grind, bend bend, and weld weld is what i will be doign for the next month or more, so if you can come get the leafs

sixstringsteve

nice. I think I have a source for leafs, but if it falls through, I'll have Brandon pick 'em up and bring 'em down to me, and I"ll installl them in moab.

sixstringsteve

i didn't get it all done last night, so I'm scrambling to get it done this morning. When it's ready to go, I'll be heading for moab. See you guys there soon.

Marsh99

Lover of all things Toyota
DSC00315.jpg

Launch Pad (golden spike)
P5280691.jpg

P5280689.jpg

sixstringsteve

we did hells, strike ravine, the first little part of minor thread (unknowingly), and golden spike.

I didn't take as many pics as I should have, and most of the pics of my truck are from other people.