Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

Coco

you already have ifs hubs to match your rear width so i would just ditch the spacers and fj wheels for a wheel with about 3inch backspacing, just like you are planning. you'll also have less scrub radius because it will decrease wms to king pin. i have 1.5 spacers in front to match rear width, 4inch backspaced wheels and i dont rub my springs with 35's.

at least you have the major stuff completed (drivetrain), now you can just enjoy the truck and do the other little mods as time/motivation and money permits lol.

:D :D :D

sixstringsteve

colton is the reason I've hung onto my fj wheels for so long :D

As much as I love diamonds, I'd go rock assault housing before I went to diamonds.

If I custom order them, I can get some 17x8 soft 8's with 3" BS, which would be perfect.

I still don't get how the scrub radius is different between a 3" bs wheel vs a 4.5" bs wheel with 1.5" spacers. Isn't it the same?

Coco

colton is the reason I've hung onto my fj wheels for so long :D

As much as I love diamonds, I'd go rock assault housing before I went to diamonds.

If I custom order them, I can get some 17x8 soft 8's with 3" BS, which would be perfect.

I still don't get how the scrub radius is different between a 3" bs wheel vs a 4.5" bs wheel with 1.5" spacers. Isn't it the same?

Hehe I knew I was important!!

The rock assault housings are sweet, mine are sitting in the shop waiting for time :)

Also, TG just announced the rock assault 9 (basically a spidertrax housing, spidertrax isn't happy from what I hear)

1990taco

Truck looks awesome! Mine looks a lot like it.. I'm using internet off my phone or else I would post some pics. I bought your old rims off going up. I'm in the middle of bobbing my bed right now. I can text you some pics if you'd like?

sixstringsteve

very cool. Those were sweet rims. I had them custom built by Unique wheel. The valve stems are inboard a few inches to protect them from the rocks. THe rim is reversed, so you can't run a beadlock on them.

Post up some pics, I'd love to see 'em.

I ASSumed scrub radius was measured on wms not center of the tires contact patch, from things I have read before. At least I know now. Still might help take some load off wheel and knuckle bearings? I don't know. At least the spacers would be done. I'd like to get rid of mine too.

sixstringsteve

your spacers are sitting on the shelf in my garage. The spacers I took to Moab are mine. I need to drop those back off at your place. Thanks for letting me borrow them.

sixstringsteve

nope, I haven't touched it for two weeks, and it's the best feeling in the world. I'm still really burnt out on the build. It'll probably be another 2 weeks before I touch it. And even then, there isn't much more to do.