Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

sixstringsteve

I finally got the motivation to work on my truck a bit last night. I'm going on a trip soon, and it was downright scary with how soft the front end was, especially with our off-cambered turns on the freeway construction. So I traded my TG bumper that I didn't use for some new TG3" front springs.

I wanted the axle location of the RUF pack, but I wanted the stiffness and lift of the TG pack. So I removed the main leaf from the TG pack. I kept the top 2 RUF leaves ('86 rear main and second leaf). I had to trim the second leaf of the TG pack down a bit. So my leaf pack looks like this:

'86 rear main
'86 rear second leaf
TG3" # 2 trimmed down
TG3" # 3
TG3" # 4
TG3" # 5
TG3" # 6​

So now I have a 7- leaf pack. Which should be good with the added weight of the extended cab and the camper shell.

Here you can see the passenger side with the new pack installed.

IMG_1307.JPG

now I haver 5" of uptravel.

[IMGhttps://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-_Jjfm_HvZ6k/ThnzptBRi2I/AAAAAAAAEhU/53XYQTh5zXw/s800/IMG_1308.JPG[/IMG]

compared to 3.5" before
IMG_1309.JPG

It gave me about a 1.5" lift

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1313.JPG

IMG_1314.JPG

sixstringsteve

now it looks like a so cal pre-runner truck. I don't care for the pre-runner look, but I don't have time to fix the rear suspension before my trip. Plus I'd like the front to settle a bit before I pick a height to raise the rear end.

sixstringsteve

I don't remember the WB. It's posted somewhere in these 68 pages. I want to say it's around 122", but I could be wrong. It's about 3-4" longer than your typical '94 x-cab, whatever that is.

sixstringsteve

Yup, that's what I built it for. DD, expo, camping, wheeling. A jack of all trades, master of none. It's been tough to fight the urge to build it bigger and bigger, but I'm happy with where it is.

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
FYI steve most TG packs settle about 1.5 inches so if thats how much more they lifted you then you most likley will settle back to level when all is said and done

sixstringsteve

thank you sir. I'll be raising the rear another 2" today to match the front. Then, if I still have the desire to work on it after that, I may begin designing a sleeping platform in the back.

sixstringsteve

currently the truck sits taller in the front. I'm trying to decide how much to lift the rear. So I took some pictures of it at various heights (with the hi-lift, measuring from frame to ground.)

current height:

IMG_1405.JPG

2" higher in the back:

IMG_1407.JPG

3" higher in back:

IMG_1408.JPG

4" higher in the back.

IMG_1411.JPG