Steve's '94 Toyota x-cab mild build

sixstringsteve

man, I've just spend the past hour on ksl and i couldn't find anything decent. Thanks mbryson! I think 37s might be bigger than I want to go. I'd really prefer some 35s for this build. Maybe I'll run 33's on the road and 37s on the trail... Nah, I"ll stick with 35s.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
man, I've just spend the past hour on ksl and i couldn't find anything decent. Thanks mbryson! I think 37s might be bigger than I want to go. I'd really prefer some 35s for this build. Maybe I'll run 33's on the road and 37s on the trail... Nah, I"ll stick with 35s.

There are some 315 BFG ATs on there. http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=14774156&cat=523&lpid=5&search=17

33" KM2--"good tread" that can mean a lot of things, though
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=14783764&cat=523&lpid=3&search=17

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=14794063&cat=523&lpid=1&search=17

Last edited:

Taco4life

Trevor, you rock. Thanks for bailing me out and selling me your '85 axle tonight. I'll build it up this week, and hopefully swap it in soon.

Here's the catch:
when I build up the axle, it'll have tundra calipers and rotors (w/the FROR kit). That means I can't run the stock wheels anymore, so I need to find wheels and tires fast. So I can't do the sas 'till I have 16-17" wheels.

So if you guys could keep your eyes pealed for some 35x12.50x17x, that would be awesome. Bonus points if they're km2's, since they're what I ultimately want to run. Even if they're just ugly tundra rolling wheels, that'd be fine for the time being.

It was good to finally meet you tonight Steve. For what it's worth, first off tundra wheels are 18" probably not what your looking for. Second when I was looking for some cheap wheels a while back I called around to the local Big O's and other tire places and asked if they had anything they took off of vehicles they wanted to sell. I ended up finding a set of 15x8 black steelies for $25 a piece. I am sure that it will be more difficult to find 17" wheel take offs but it might be something to consider for a quick fix.

sixstringsteve

the older tundras are 17", and I found a set I love, but the backspacing is way out of whack (4.5" BS on a 7.5" wheel). I could run 1" wheel spacers all around, but it'd be cheaper to just get some new cragar soft 8's instead.

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Not exactly what you are after but I have a set of these, sans center caps:

16X7

DavisRunner2.jpg

Goose

aToYoTa-fREak
wow! The truck looks really clean. Nice find!
I like the extended cab enough, that I have 2. Ha ha.
The back seats are small, but the kids fit back there fine.
Let me know if you need anything.

sixstringsteve

perfect. Thanks. They're the 48" springs and not the 51" springs, right? I just want to double-check.

Are yours on the front of your truck right now?

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
ill measure tonight and make sure but yes they are the ones i have in the front right now, they work great but in effort to move my axle forward with out haveing to buy a new front hanger i just redrilled the trail gear ones and im swaping those in