tera locker a joke??? read me

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Brett said:
I didn't eve get that one.....and who the hell is peel anyway? :confused:

Peel is another member that plays around. The Mods know who he is,,, I doubt you will see much from him again.. ;)

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
Shawn said:
Well seeings how our R&P is larger and our shafts are larger just slam on the gas and bust the rocks with that so called lip..... wait... you and I have ground ours off..... :eek:
Oh yeah, that why I can never fit that last bolt into the bottom of the cover. :D

P

peel

Shawn said:
Peel is another member that plays around. The Mods know who he is,,, I doubt you will see much from him again.. ;)

Bahaha U funny Here he goes again.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Shawn said:
Wrong!!

Cheep yes, however find a 60 that is as strong and common as the 14 bolt and I''l shut up.
In the world of tuff axles, the 14 bolt rules over the common 60.

Um, you guys are still not getting it... I am not discussing an issue of D60 vs. 14 bolt axle. I'm simply stating that the general public would be more impressed if the T locker kicked a$$ in a D60, rather than a 14 bolt. I know the 14 bolt is good, strong alternative to the D60. However, if the Tlocker impresses the mass of D60 owners (competitors possibly?), more people will take notice. I'm sorry, but the 14 bolt has yet to get the recognition it deserves. The D60 will always be a greater force in the industry.

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
Buying a cheap 14 bolt and slapping it under the rig would be nice, but I can't afford the ground clearance penalty you pay with a 14 bolt. Also, some parts of a 14 bolt may be stronger than a 35 spline 60, but my 60 is more than strong enough for my needs, I really don't think I'll ever break it.

As for the Tera locker, only time will tell if it is a quality, dependable product. Personally I am glad to see it. The more lockers available on the market the more competition there will be for my dollar. This can only lead to lower prices and better products as the companies compete for market share. The selectable locker market has been a monopoly (well, almost) for too long.

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
RockMonkey said:

As for the Tera locker, only time will tell if it is a quality, dependable product. Personally I am glad to see it. The more lockers available on the market the more competition there will be for my dollar. This can only lead to lower prices and better products as the companies compete for market share. The selectable locker market has been a monopoly (well, almost) for too long.

Best point so far, IMHO. Von's right on the competitors basicly exclusively using the D60, though. I'm not sure how many competitors are willing to sacrifice the ground clearance for the 14 bolt even with it shaved. They are HUGE, but I like them......Haven't seen one break yet (I'm sure it happens)

tweakeyjeep

Soccer Mom
mbryson said:
Best point so far, IMHO. Von's right on the competitors basicly exclusively using the D60, though. I'm not sure how many competitors are willing to sacrifice the ground clearance for the 14 bolt even with it shaved. They are HUGE, but I like them......Haven't seen one break yet (I'm sure it happens)

Can you imagine putting a FF14 under my YJ... With the 33's the bottom lip would probably scrape on the street! Well at least I could shave it down pretty quick, Just drive on the freeway! :D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
tweakeyjeep said:
Can you imagine putting a FF14 under my YJ... With the 33's the bottom lip would probably scrape on the street! Well at least I could shave it down pretty quick, Just drive on the freeway! :D

Not quite, but I have 305/70 16's on my pickup and a 14 bolt. There's not a lot of clearance. Maybe 6-7 inches under the pumpkin. A 14 bolt will hold up to some 38's or 40's pretty well, though, I'd bet.

Caleb

I have only seen one competitor use a 14 bolt and in 2 of the events he 40 my obstacle because he got hung up on his diff...so it does hang low...however for a rec user I think they are awesome cause they are so strong...

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
supergper said:
I have only seen one competitor use a 14 bolt and in 2 of the events he 40 my obstacle because he got hung up on his diff...so it does hang low...however for a rec user I think they are awesome cause they are so strong...

Who's that? I can think of a couple running rear 14bolts...Brandon Dawson, Greg Davis, the "Kryptonite" guy, and...um...that's all I can come up with.

Caleb

I Lean said:
Who's that? I can think of a couple running rear 14bolts...Brandon Dawson, Greg Davis, the "Kryptonite" guy, and...um...that's all I can come up with.

the only one I have noticed is the green turtle looking buggy (dont know his name)...here is a pic...

grinch

inner city redneck
cut and shaved 14 bolts, and I dont mean just a ground down lip. have almost the same ground clearance as a dana 44.... yes you have to machine down the ring gear a little so its weaker there but with the massive ring gear it already has i dont think its a problem...
If you do this it has better clearanc than a stock 60.... Im really surprised more people dont run these axles in this configuration in comps.... the only problem i can see is the fact that there are no selectable lockers right now and it looks like this issue is finally being adressed. Even if it is by poo.....