The Budget Buggy - Take Two

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Looks awesome Colton! I was about to say, if the next round of pics aren't of the buggy as a roller, you better quit goofing around online and get back in the shop! Love the diff clearance with Toyota axles and 40's! Who needs Portals? ;)

Best of luck with the sponsors... :rofl:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
We'll sponsor you. Benefits include: a sticker (which we ran out of...)

:D

Looking great man! This rig really has transformed into a beauty. Can't wait to see you button it up.

Coco

Hey I got some spots already "reserved" for some RME stickers!

Yeah the whole "sponsors needed" thing was what I put up as kind of a joke when we had our show n shine. I just never took it off that panel. :greg:

The axle is probably off a little bit, none of the links are set it place, so it is possible.

Coco

Been working on the interior the last couple days. I built some crossmembers, and mounted the seats. I'll be adding some more tubing and bracing it together, and finishing up the floor hopefully this week.

Coco

Not many pics, but even though I worked saturday, I was able to get some work done on the buggy. I got the floor support tubes finish welded on the drivers side, and got the passenger side done as well. I also drew up some floor panels, and put them in Solid Works, and cut them out on the plasma table. I tacked the pedals in with a plate I made to bolt it too. I then started thinking of where I could put the cutting brakes. Steering, and dash is next.

Note: the go go pedal is not installed.

Coco

Bringing it back up to the top. Got some more work done this weekend. Got the orbital valve mocked into place, got the steering wheel mocked up, and started work on the dash. I also cut apart, and moved the pedals to hang from the top, rather than be floor mounted. It gave me a lot more leg room, and was a lot more comfortable. The wheel is just mocked into place, and I will just cut/notch the dash bar to move it up a little bit more, to give me a little more room. Slowly but surely coming along.

Coco

Got a bit more work done yesterday. Got the dash pieces mocked into place, and finished up with the throttle pedal. Once I get that all done, the propane system will be going in, Get exhaust/turbo routed, then it is off to my buddies shop in Orem to help me get it running, and do a little motor work. He always wanted to do a propane/turbo setup :D

Coco

Well I pulled it in the shop yesterday and got some work done on it. I got the battery box all mounted up, and I decided to change it up a little bit. Mounted up the rear light bar. I of course only took pics of that :greg:

I plan on working on it all day tomorrow. Hopefully get the radiator in, and get the floor finished out, and propane tanks mounted. Then if I have time I will start working on wiring. Once I get that done, its off to my buddies shop that is going to help me get it running on propane and the turbo, and do a little motor freshening.