The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

Bart

Subscribed. Looks like a fun thread. Had a 914 at one point in life. Son has a WRX I'd like to go play with that has all the bolt on AutoCross parts.

Cascadia

Undecided
2013-07-01_21-01-36_563_zps2fedfd98.jpg
I used to have a black e30 just like this one. Loved everything about it. It was an is. I'd love to find an ix though.

OrvisKrawler

Captain Obvious
Beautiful e30 orviscrawler!

Now you know. :D

I'm down for more sunday night drives.
Thanks Steve, e30's are a lot of fun, I'll be watching this, I hope to be on the next sunday night drive. You ought to do a drive up weber canyon, over trappers loop to huntsville, from huntsville over monte cristo to bear lake, from bear lake to logan then to I15, thats a fun drive!

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Thanks Steve, e30's are a lot of fun, I'll be watching this, I hope to be on the next sunday night drive. You ought to do a drive up weber canyon, over trappers loop to huntsville, from huntsville over monte cristo to bear lake, from bear lake to logan then to I15, thats a fun drive!

We did a similar drive last fall, started out on 12th after eating lunch at No Frills Diner and drove up to Huntsville, over Trapper's loop to 84, 84 to Morgan up through East Canyon, then back onto 80 to the valley. Next time we will extend it and maybe take 40 to Strawberry.

sixstringsteve

I guess what I'm saying is don't wait for me to plan a drive. Plan one that works for you and post up and those that want to go will join.

sixstringsteve

we wont' be molding our trip to you. You'll be planning a trip, and if we can and want to attend, we will. Just pick a date, time, and route.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've got a few fun projects aside from my wheeling vehicle. Actually, they're my first passion - hot rods.

Here's my prewar salt car built in homage to Multi Aldritch's roadster.

View attachment 83745View attachment 83746View attachment 83747

It's definitely not meant to be a speed demon with mechanical brakes and a model a banger engine and trans. The wheels are mockup wheels that'll go on my touring car. The wheels for the 1920 are 20x4".

Then, there are some other projects in the wings. I spent a while collecting stuff, now I'm pretty much set to build for the next 5-8 years (which means 10-15 :D).

View attachment 83748

Top shelf is a rust-free 1926/27 roadster. This will be on an A chassis as was done pre and post war. The car will be slightly post-war era.

View attachment 83749

1930 A coupe on a 32 chassis. This will be around late 50s early 60s build with a Yblock and a few other goodies.

View attachment 83750

This is the touring car. It's going to be a full-fendered jalopy with all original parts/running gear. The only update will be reproduced tires. I've got all the parts except for the top.

Sweet!! Those are my kinda cars! :freak:

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I actually just stopped by the machine shop today cuz I've been putting my Camaro motor back together after a lifter issue.
T76 turbo'd 383 LT1/LT4 on 11+psi 850+flywheel hp daily driver? lol why not.

IMG_5209_zps61f49127-1.jpg

76mmturbo_zpsa7b96d44.jpg

DSC02889.jpg

After I play with the Camaro a bit I'm planning on selling or parting it out and buying a C5 Z06 Corvette.

Last edited: