The PAVEMENT thread: Cars, Racing, Drives, Speed...

skippy

Pretend Fabricator
This just occured to me that you are planning on doing this in the miata, although the miata is capable of doing so the top 50% of the tooele side is dirt and is usually washboarded and sometimes pretty rutted from water running down the road. This is not a road i would take my GTI on just FYI

Kiel

Formerly WJ ZUK
isn't that butterfield? Its open all the way through except for the pit overlook. I drove it a couple weeks ago. I would love to see steve's miata drive the tooele side

sixstringsteve

This just occured to me that you are planning on doing this in the miata, although the miata is capable of doing so the top 50% of the tooele side is dirt and is usually washboarded and sometimes pretty rutted from water running down the road. This is not a road i would take my GTI on just FYI

Ok, scratch that then. It wouldn't be fun in my truck or my miata. Thanks for the info. I wish Google Maps distinguished between dirt roads and paved roads.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I still suggest going up Butterfield to the top where the pavement ends... Like I said above

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I believe it goes up to where it levels out so that is what I would consider the top

sixstringsteve

I'm trying to figure out a route for this Sunday night. It'll be at 6 PM. Probably Alpine Loop to Provo, or Hobble Creek and Diamond Fork (even though they don't connect via pavement).

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
[video=youtube;q1PK0hVGGg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q1PK0hVGGg4[/video]

:cool:

Cascadia

Undecided
paging cascadia:

can you connect hobble creek to diamond fork on all pavement?
No you can not connect on pavement the entire way. About 8 miles up Hobble Creek Canyon it turns to a dirt road. It is dirt for probably 10 miles or so. Then you will connect to sheep creek road which is paved. From there you will connect to diamond fork. Probably 15 miles of diamond fork is paved. If you can find a loop that has sheep creek road in it, that would be a blast. Rolling hills with a bunch of gradual curves.

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
I've been thinking about picking up an old fox body mustang for track days, you people are putting bad thoughts in my head.

sixstringsteve

No you can not connect on pavement the entire way. About 8 miles up Hobble Creek Canyon it turns to a dirt road. It is dirt for probably 10 miles or so. Then you will connect to sheep creek road which is paved. From there you will connect to diamond fork. Probably 15 miles of diamond fork is paved. If you can find a loop that has sheep creek road in it, that would be a blast. Rolling hills with a bunch of gradual curves.

Could you take Diamond Fork to Sheep Creek Rd. all on pavement? Like this?

https://www.google.com/maps/preview...72f:0x1236ed38e72f1613!4f0.8537186!10e1&fid=0

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

I've been thinking about picking up an old fox body mustang for track days, you people are putting bad thoughts in my head.

That's what we do. Didn't you check some box saying you forfeited any and all willpower when you joined RME? I know I did.