The RME ride we've all been waiting for.

Caleb

Loaded and ready :)
Caleb, any plans on the specific trails yet?
Sorry, just saw the extra replies :D Yeah, since 40, 41, and 173 are all open now I was thinking from the summit, we'll catch 157 to 173 to 40 (up the switchbacks :greg: ) to 157 again to 252 and back to the summit parking lot. Let me see if I have a GPS track from this ride last year. It's a great ride and I think everyone (all skill levels) will enjoy it.

Caleb

Here's a google track of the ride. This has a little extra shoot off that we started up, it got ugly so we turned around (we were short on time too).

Attachments

• AFC 10-17-2010.kmz
    13.6 KB · Views: 7

Caleb

Also, I'm not a fast rider. I can push myself and sorta keep up with most guys, but my comfortable pace is pretty slow ;)

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
The stretch on 173 between 157 and 041 is one of my favorite spots in AFC. I have never gone up it, but down like we will be doing is a Hoot!:thumbs:

sixstringsteve

man, that was a blast. It was nice to get to put so many faces with names. Thanks for waiting up for me everyone. I think I had 5 total crashes. I'll put together a crash video.

My left calf is still cramped up. I'm going to be feeling this in the morning.

Last edited:

193kyle

Steve, I think most of your crash video will just be me, haha. That was a lot of fun though, I am glad I went even though you guys kicked my butt out there!
Thanks for letting me tag along!

Caleb

When you feel it the next day, you know you had a good time. :) Great ride, it was good to meet all you guys. Looking forward to the next ride. Sorry if any of it was tougher than some of you wanted to ride...a lot of those trails have change since last year :D Hope everyone still had a blast though.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
The only thing wrong with todays trails is they ended to quickly!

I had a flippin BLAST! So glad I came.

It was fun watching Kyle improve dramatically thru the day. Great to meet everyone to.

Only 1 tipover from me which was dumb. If I woulda shifted I would have been fine but the bike stalled and over I went. No harm no foul besides getting most the group lost while they waited for me.

Hope to see some footage soon

MattL

That was a blast. Im with Cheston, they both ended to soon. All in all it was a great outing and good to meet people.

I think Ill be ordering one of these this next week or so.

o313

RME Riders

It was great riding with you guys today, PM me with an email address for a GPS track from our ride.

Click on the file and provided you have Google Earth installed it will show the entire ride.

There was an issue on our second loop (GPS batteries died) so there is only a partial trace for that. disregard the little squiggly line at the last river crossing where I crashed.

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
So who did I run in to Friday night Tibble? I was on my ds and you were in a white truck. You said you were going with a group the next day. I wonder if it was this group.