The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Caleb

I won't be too far behind you guys.

One piece of advice on that trail: at one point the trail makes a slight left up a steep uphill. Stay on it, it doesn't let up for a good 1/4 mile. Those of us on 2 strokes are going to hate life for that section.

I don't know, it was no problem on my 300 :p

Were you the one that had the civic and small flat trailer when we rode out pass 5mp a few weeks ago? (solider pass I think it was called)

Yep, that was Matt.

I'll be out there at 10, hopefully I'll cross paths with you guys. Another tip, once you get up on the ridge and are riding the trail, it comes to a meadow area that you can turn left or right (can no longer go straight), take the right fork. We always rode the left, but my buddy Noah and I road the right one time and it was a blast. It can sorta loop back to the left fork if you catch the main dirt road and catch on to the left fork where it hits the main dirt road.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I will be at the gas station at 8. I have ridden the trail a few times. Plus i grew up in springville and know my way around the canyon. Ill be in my excursion with the ttr on my new rack hopefully:) looking forward to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GAR

I'll be out there at 10, hopefully I'll cross paths with you guys. Another tip, once you get up on the ridge and are riding the trail, it comes to a meadow area that you can turn left or right (can no longer go straight), take the right fork. We always rode the left, but my buddy Noah and I road the right one time and it was a blast. It can sorta loop back to the left fork if you catch the main dirt road and catch on to the left fork where it hits the main dirt road.

Thanks Caleb, I know right where you're talking about. Can't wait!

jentzschman

Well that climb at hobble creek is one heck of a climb!

First off, stupid me for switching back to the 14 tooth drive sprocket! BIG mistake. Second, I blew my clutch about 30 or so yards (Steve and Kyle will have a better estimate on how far) from the top. Had to get towed out at a few spots.

So, at rmatv right now getting a new clutch, cable and bars. Oh ya, I tried to get speed going up one hill, flew off the side and smashed the crap out of my bars.

BIG thanks to Kyle and Steve for helping me get out! You guys are first rate!

Lesson learned today: keep a tow rope with you, ALWAYS.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 12904

First off, stupid me for switching back to the 14 tooth drive sprocket! BIG mistake. Second, I blew my clutch about 30 or so yards (Steve and Kyle will have a better estimate on how far) from the top. Had to get towed out at a few spots.

So, at rmatv right now getting a new clutch, cable and bars. Oh ya, I tried to get speed going up one hill, flew off the side and smashed the crap out of my bars.

BIG thanks to Kyle and Steve for helping me get out! You guys are first rate!

Lesson learned today: keep a tow rope with you, ALWAYS.

Mule tape! Light, strong and packs tight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Cascadia

Undecided
Better to blow your clutch out there rather than 15 mes in. The first group had a blast non issues. I had to leave but I got about 25 miles of single track in. Very happy with the performance and handling of my new bike. Ran perfect and did what its supposed to and more.

It was nice to meet all those that I didn't already know.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Great ride this morning. Best dirt I have ever seen on that trail. Good group and no crashes/broken bikes. Now I have to scout a longer route that connects sawmill hollow to the waters.

sixstringsteve

First off, stupid me for switching back to the 14 tooth drive sprocket! BIG mistake. Second, I blew my clutch about 30 or so yards (Steve and Kyle will have a better estimate on how far) from the top.

Yup, you were about 50 feet from the top. Bummer of a time to lose a clutch.

Last edited:

Caleb

Great ride this morning. Best dirt I have ever seen on that trail. Good group and no crashes/broken bikes. Now I have to scout a longer route that connects sawmill hollow to the waters.

Isn't the waters the section with the waterfalls and the trail is along a sidehill? The section I've always been told is the waters can be connected easily by dropping off the ridge trail down one of the other trails.

jentzschman

Well, got the new clutch, cable, and bars on. She runs like a champ. I'm so bummed that I did not get to run this tail. At least now I know what to expect from that climb.

SO looking forward to this tail again.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Isn't the waters the section with the waterfalls and the trail is along a sidehill? The section I've always been told is the waters can be connected easily by dropping off the ridge trail down one of the other trails.

I'm not sure Caleb. I know they connect to the top is sheep creek or at least I think they do. We will have to plan an all day ride to explore some more.

sixstringsteve

I'll be there. 435-640-2495. Here's my cell if needed.

Jasmo, how are you feeling? I felt horrible that I talked you into heading back up the trail. So sorry you were injured.

IMG_20130511_092229_890.jpg