The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

MattL

Read post #1161.

Gotcha. I think there was a glitch in the matrix on when I asked the question and when it posted... or maybe i just forgot to click post reply. Also there was a does of sarcasm in salt comment to your new bike. Its sharp loooking.

Id like to be in the first group.
Questions, is there a pay fee for going up the canyon?
Whats the parking like up there?

Also, thanks for the map location.

jentzschman

I have not heard anything about a fee to use the canyon and not sure on the parking. From the video I posted, it looks like there are several places to park so I would hope parking would not be bad.

Cascadia

Undecided
There is no fee and there is probably enough room for parking for 20-30 vehicles.

MattL, I know you were being sarcastic, sorry my post came across as short. Didn't mean for it to.

GAR

Steve, I'm not opposed to meeting up later, like your place at 7:30, then a stop at McDonald's to get your burritos :) and at the trail 8:45-9:00ish? Anyone else interested in a later group? It's probably a good idea since the trail is pretty tight and it would stink to have 10 bikes hung up on some of those long climbs

rholbrook

Lets just go have fun. The ground will still be wet enough that I doubt dust will be a factor. I am planning on 8 because I need to get back at a descent hour. It is Mothers Day weekend and my kid's mother actually still likes me and likes to spend time with me. If I am home by at least 4-5 pm I am good. Hopefully, we can ride the hell out of that place, get tired, run out of gas, make or renew friendships and get home in time to make our wives happy.

I have never ridden there so I am just happy to have been on this ride.

sixstringsteve

I'm open to whatever (except for waiting in the parking lot for 30 min for the group to get ahead of us. I'll just make sure I'm in the first group).

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I would prefer to be in a group, if we do groups, that takes less breaks and rides longer between. I've got no problem with chatting and getting to know people but I don't like stops every 10 minutes for 10 minutes. It defeats the purpose IMO.

Sounds like we need a old people group and a young punk group for you. :D

Cascadia

Undecided
I'm not too young. I'm 30. I would just like to ride more cause I haven't been able to this year yet since my last bike was giving me so many issues. Just glad to get back on a trail.:D

sixstringsteve

Grant, Trevor, let's stick to the origina plan to meet at my house at 7 AM and meet at the gas station at 8 AM. The trail forks enough to give groups time to split off (though not 'till after the tough climb).

Russ, you're in for a treat. It's easy riding aside from one long, steep, tight climb. It's not rocky, and it's got a ton of great singletrack. I wouldn't mind connecting to diamond fork if anyone else is in.

sixstringsteve

how big is the group with caleb and friends going later? This place gets dusty fast and I think more than 5 in a line will be sucky.

If I can lead and be out in front, I don't mind going with the big group since I wont' be sucking dust all day. :D