The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Caleb

My brother-in-law is supposed to be coming with me as well. Maybe another buddy or two as well, they haven't committed yet though.

Caleb

Wow, that's a huge group. Honestly, we may want to consider breaking in to two smaller groups. Otherwise it will be slow moving and the last half of the group will have a hard time even seeing the trail because of the amount of dust. Even with just a couple guys it can get dusty up there.

jentzschman

Two groups might be a good idea, if everyone shows up. I think we will have at least 10 so two groups of 5 maybe.... If we do split in groups, I will be with the slower group if that is how we split them up. While I like to ride hard and push myself, I am still fairly a novice rider.

Caleb

Two groups might be a good idea, if everyone shows up. I think we will have at least 10 so two groups of 5 maybe.... If we do split in groups, I will be with the slower group if that is how we split them up. While I like to ride hard and push myself, I am still fairly a novice rider.

I don't consider myself as a fast rider, but I will say I don't think it would be beneficial to split in to slower/faster groups as I know when I was starting out, the best way to learn was to try to follow a better rider and see what they are doing. It also forced me to push myself just a little beyond what I was comfortable with. It also will be beneficial for the guys that haven't been up to Hobble Creek before to be with some guys that have. So we can split, I just wouldn't recommend a slower/faster approach :D

Cascadia

Undecided
I would prefer to be in a group, if we do groups, that takes less breaks and rides longer between. I've got no problem with chatting and getting to know people but I don't like stops every 10 minutes for 10 minutes. It defeats the purpose IMO.

sixstringsteve

I wouldn't mind meeting at 9, an hour behind the first group. Being there at 8 is a bit earlier than I'd like.

X2 on the dust, it gets pretty bad up there. I'd like to ride with someone fast, I need to be pushed a bit.

jentzschman

I don't consider myself as a fast rider, but I will say I don't think it would be beneficial to split in to slower/faster groups as I know when I was starting out, the best way to learn was to try to follow a better rider and see what they are doing. It also forced me to push myself just a little beyond what I was comfortable with. It also will be beneficial for the guys that haven't been up to Hobble Creek before to be with some guys that have. So we can split, I just wouldn't recommend a slower/faster approach :D

Good points.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Russ showed me the super secret squirrel tire swap technique tonight.
So I no longer have a bald tire. I did a little grooving on this one also so we'll see if it improves lateral traction.
Thanks !

Oh also Russ, is it cool if Jon hops in with us? I'll have him meet us at my place.