The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

Cascadia

Undecided
There is a gas station at 400 south and Main Street in springville. Take the 400 south springville exit. Head east towards the mountains. You'll see the gas station across Main Street. That's where we met last time. I'm good meeting there at 8.

jasmo

Sweet. I'll be there at 8, unless any updates on here. Thanks. Congrats on the new bike also! :thumbs:

GAR

Sounds good. Steve how bout I be at your place at 7:00am. should be enough time to load up and be there at 8:00. anyone else that wants to ride down with us is welcome to, I have a 3 place trailer and 4 seats. Tyson, I'll assume you'll drive yourself, might be safer given our track record of timeliness :)

MattL

Id like to meet a bit earlier to but have no idea on really where the meeting spot is going to be.

STAG

Choke? What's that?

The little black knob on the carb that you pull to restrict airflow to the carburetor to make cold starting easier, once engine has started and reached a steady idle you can push the knob back in for normal airflow.

That is a very clean bike.

Caleb

Nice looking bike Tyson. That thing looks almost identical to my 500. Just so you know, you still have a choke knob on the throttle body for cold starts. I've never had to use mine, but it is there. You can also adjust your idle with that same knob by turning it.

Cascadia

Undecided
Ya. I was joking about the choke. Especially since my last bike had to have it on full time. That's the only thing the guy explained to me about the bike was the throttle body choke and the idle. He says its rare to have to use it. But I'm glad it's there. It looks like plenty more motor can fit in my frame, almost like they're the same bikes with different motors.

What basic upgrades should I do for now? I got a skid plate on already, it has stock bark busters but I don't think they'll take too much abuse, and I want to get radiator braces. Anything else worth my while?

Caleb

Ya. I was joking about the choke. Especially since my last bike had to have it on full time. That's the only thing the guy explained to me about the bike was the throttle body choke and the idle. He says its rare to have to use it. But I'm glad it's there. It looks like plenty more motor can fit in my frame, almost like they're the same bikes with different motors.

What basic upgrades should I do for now? I got a skid plate on already, it has stock bark busters but I don't think they'll take too much abuse, and I want to get radiator braces. Anything else worth my while?

Yeah, I have the stock bark buster right now and I hate them. I've already had them get folded up in the levers multiple times. I plan to add some nice Highway Dirtbikes handguards to mine. Did you get a rekluse with it?

Cascadia

Undecided
No. The guy that bought my last bike can get 10-15% off rekluses so he is going to look for me tomorrow. I will be getting one though. Are those hang yards something you get a discount on?

Caleb

No, I don't get a discount on them unfortunately. The only ones I get a discount on are the Tusk D-Flex ones. They're not bad for the price, but I personally do not like that style and have had problems in the past with that style. However, the highway dirt bike ones run $200-$300 for a set vs. ~$50ish for the Tusk ones.

Cascadia

Undecided
Ya those are pretty pricey. I remember you liking yours though. On the bike I just sold I had a set of moose racing hand guards. They took a beating and were still in great shape and offered a lot of protection. I think I'll try and find a set of those again.