The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

rholbrook

My daughter showed up needing my truck for the next two days so I am out tomorrow night.

I did happen to run the trail above Pineview this evening. It sure was nice, no dust and only one spot with snow covering the trail. Luckily is was only 3 feet wide and a foot deep. We were able to blast through it no problem. We rode over to North Ogden Pass.

I will post up some pictures tomorrow. It is really starting to get green up there. I did however look at the lake and decide I am getting the boat out this week. The lake was smooth and no one on it.

jentzschman

If I can't find anyone with a headlight to ride with, I'd be down to ride from 6-8 PM. 2 hours is better than nothing.

Funny story:

My boss sends me a text yesterday about helping another store. I thought it was today (she never specified a date and I assumed it was today as I did not work yesterday). Well come to find out she wants me to go help the other store tomorrow.

So, I am scheduled from 10-630 today, and 8-430 tomorrow. There is a good chance I can get off earlier today anyway, probably about 530, earlier if I button down and get stuff done faster. I will keep you posted.

I hope you can ride hobble creek. I can tell you are dying to run it again ;) I think I made up my mind on the lighting. I am going to try Jacobs idea an running one of those lights he is selling and grab one of those battery packs (maybe two) he bought. Figure for a fraction of the cost, I can at least get a light and worry about (if at all) the street kit down the road.

sixstringsteve

I'm dying to ride AF, but it's not open yet. Hobble creek isn't any farther than Soldier Pass, and the section I really wanted to ride was too wet on Saturday. It should be perfect now.

jentzschman

I'm dying to ride AF, but it's not open yet. Hobble creek isn't any farther than Soldier Pass, and the section I really wanted to ride was too wet on Saturday. It should be perfect now.

I will try my hardest to get off earlier so we could potentially get a little riding in.

What part of Hobble Creek was still wet?

sixstringsteve

There are 2 forks that I'm aware of. We stayed left at the first one (where you went right and went up the rocky climb). Then, after riding the ridge the trail Ts again. We started out right but it was sloppy, so we went left. It was moist, but not horrid.

My favorite section starts further up the paved road.

sixstringsteve

russ' group was the only one to hit snow. Kyle and I hit mud, but no snow.

Russ, did you end up riding the ridge with the red dirt at all, or did you just take that one fork up and head back down?

Cascadia

Undecided
We rode for 13.5 out and 13.5 back. It was when we were headed back that some of the group went left if you're heading back. I'm guessing that's when they hit snow cause we didn't hit snow all along the ridge trail all the way into diamond fork.

Cascadia

Undecided
Basically when you get to the top of the big climb you could go left or right. We went left on the way in and they went the opposite on the way out.