The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

sixstringsteve

Anywhere that's dry or legal. My preferences (from 1st to last):

AF (assuming we hear from the FS that it's legal. I don't trust second-hand he said she said stuff)
Hobble Creek
Soldier Pass.

jentzschman

Looks like someone has been busy over the Christmas break. What else has to be done to be fully operational or is everthing officially up and running? Lookin' Good :cool:

How's the TOY comin' along? Have you had a chance to get out wheelin' lately? I've been tryin' but to no avail. UROC is right around the corner and I need some PRACTICE!!

Hope you had a MERRY Christmas.

I'm in. I'll just ride until it gets dark

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Cascadia

Undecided
What a world of difference bar risers make. I went with some 30 mm which is somewhere around 1.25 inches. I also moved the bars forward using the other set of drilled holes on the headset. I can now stand up comfortably on my bike with straight legs. I could never stand up on my past couple bikes but now that they are on I feel like I will ride a little more standing. I'm excited to try them out later this week on a trail.

jentzschman

What a world of difference bar risers make. I went with some 30 mm which is somewhere around 1.25 inches. I also moved the bars forward using the other set of drilled holes on the headset. I can now stand up comfortably on my bike with straight legs. I could never stand up on my past couple bikes but now that they are on I feel like I will ride a little more standing. I'm excited to try them out later this week on a trail.

Yep. I picked up some pro taper contour bars and had to get some adaptors that raised the bars 3/4 of an inch. May not seem like a lot but it made a big difference.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

AF Canyon singletrack is still closed. I called the ranger district today and they said the only road open for ATVs and Motorcycles is 085 (the rd to pole line pass).

Caleb

AF Canyon singletrack is still closed. I called the ranger district today and they said the only road open for ATVs and Motorcycles is 085 (the rd to pole line pass).

They're hoping to have the trails open for this weekend though, not sure if it will actually happen though with the recent rain.

Caleb

Yep. I picked up some pro taper contour bars and had to get some adaptors that raised the bars 3/4 of an inch. May not seem like a lot but it made a big difference.

Indeed, getting your bike setup for YOU makes a huge difference. I usually get the Pro Taper KX High Bends, they're the tallest bars besides the FMX bars.

jentzschman

I know many are going to the osrc this weekend. I also know it's memorial weekend and people have other plans.

However, for those who do not have plans, anyone plan on riding?

I have Saturday off and would love to ride. Pretty much open to anything.

D

Deleted member 12904

I know many are going to the osrc this weekend. I also know it's memorial weekend and people have other plans.

However, for those who do not have plans, anyone plan on riding?

I have Saturday off and would love to ride. Pretty much open to anything.

Hole in the rock? What time are you off friday? What time do you start sunday?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

jentzschman

Hole in the rock? What time are you off friday? What time do you start sunday?

Friday off at 530. Do not work Sunday or Monday. I need a new tank. I have a crack that leaks fuel. .... Well see... I guess I could just pack some fuel bottles. ....

D

Deleted member 12904

Friday off at 530. Do not work Sunday or Monday. I need a new tank. I have a crack that leaks fuel. .... Well see... I guess I could just pack some fuel bottles. ....

Im trying to rally a few others. If I can get 4 we can take my old yukon split gas 4 was and have an awesome trip for next to nothing. It's upto you but this area has the potential for a trip you don't forget.

I originally had my overnight trip planned this weekend but with the snow levels in the mountains it can't happen.

D

Deleted member 12904

Im trying to rally a few others. If I can get 4 we can take my old yukon split gas 4 was and have an awesome trip for next to nothing. It's upto you but this area has the potential for a trip you don't forget.

I originally had my overnight trip planned this weekend but with the snow levels in the mountains it can't happen.

Well seems like I just got the last few nos from people. Now i know how old hank feels " All my rowdy friends have settled down" I guess this means I'm getting old when I can't talk any of my friends into dropping everything loading up driving to the end of the state and riding dirt bikes.

jentzschman

Well seems like I just got the last few nos from people. Now i know how old hank feels " All my rowdy friends have settled down" I guess this means I'm getting old when I can't talk any of my friends into dropping everything loading up driving to the end of the state and riding dirt bikes.

Let's plan to run it in the fall. I would love to go this weekend, but I was just not planning on it in the first place. So trying to make it work on short notice is a challenge. I still want to ride Saturday.

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Holy Moly. Epic ride last night. Words do not describe the best/ hardest ride of the year.

The rain has eroded most of the trails so they are very challenging.

Tuttle loop was very wet and mostly a river down to the cave. Tried to ride up the backside and the big ledges were very difficult but awesome. Ran into snow and turned back.
Jon and I did some big hairy hill climbs. I was never one for big crazy hill climbs, but I think I'm in love.

Spent an hour pressure washing all the mud off.
Tipped it over on a rock and bent a radiator it got a pinhole leak but it's over a Jake's Radiator getting fixed now.
Also broke my decompression lever. It still worked but it was flopping all around.

video soon