The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

sixstringsteve

sounds good. I'm sure you won't be the only one without a headlight. And this officially starts the Thursday night AF Canyon rides.

jentzschman

sounds good. I'm sure you won't be the only one without a headlight. And this officially starts the Thursday night AF Canyon rides.

Sweet. Now I really need to get my light figured out. I think I am going to run one of deviant's lights with that battery pack he mentioned for now at least. I think I will pick up the tusk control switch and wire that up so I can turn the light on and off at will. Down the road I may get a stator, but for a cost effective way to get a light, I think (hope) it works out.

GAR

I took a quick ride up tonight and have good news! No signs, The trail is dry with just a few small splashed here and there and trees were cleared. I took 40 almost to the top with no problems, well except for almost running into a moose! It was hanging out about 20 yards from the trail, didn't mind me much just kept eating, so cool! Can't wait for Thursday!

photo (1).jpgphoto.jpg

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Dang you guys. We have dinner plans with friends this Thursday.

Can some one point me towards soldier pass single track? I know the general area, looking for specific details. Thanks.

jentzschman

I took a quick ride up tonight and have good news! No signs, The trail is dry with just a few small splashed here and there and trees were cleared. I took 40 almost to the top with no problems, well except for almost running into a moose! It was hanging out about 20 yards from the trail, didn't mind me much just kept eating, so cool! Can't wait for Thursday!

View attachment 82323View attachment 82324

What, and you could not have send me a text! I got off at 330! ;)

Glad to hear it was nice, I am so looking forward to Thursday!

jentzschman

Dang you guys. We have dinner plans with friends this Thursday.

Can some one point me towards soldier pass single track? I know the general area, looking for specific details. Thanks.

Like wanting to know how to get there or know about the trails?

Easy to get there, but I have only been once so my knowledge of the trails are very limited. I will say it is a very fun area!

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Like wanting to know how to get there or know about the trails?

Easy to get there, but I have only been once so my knowledge of the trails are very limited. I will say it is a very fun area!

Yes, where exactly does it start, where does it go, end?

pELYgroso

'Merica
I know its a bit late but here are my pics from squaw peak on Saturday...

Attachments

• 2013-05-21 15.39.34.jpg
    2013-05-21 15.39.34.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 11
  • 2013-05-18 15.29.30 smaller.jpg
    2013-05-18 15.29.30 smaller.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 2013-05-18 16.11.18 small.jpg
    2013-05-18 16.11.18 small.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 11

Caleb

Yes, where exactly does it start, where does it go, end?

I don't think I can really describe anything other than where it starts. I tried explaining it once to Cheston and he ended up not being on the single track at all. Do you have a GPS? I think I may have the GPS track from the trail. I think the track I have also includes a bunch of riding we did up some of the northern canyons (nothing up them)

Caleb

I'll be riding AFC Thursday as well, but I'm probably going to do a day ride. I might be riding it on Friday and Saturday and Sunday and Monday as well :D I'm excited for AFC to finally be open.

jentzschman

I'll be riding AFC Thursday as well, but I'm probably going to do a day ride. I might be riding it on Friday and Saturday and Sunday and Monday as well :D I'm excited for AFC to finally be open.

What time Thursday? I get off at 330. Maybe we could head up a littler earlier ahead of the "night" guys?

I am also down for a Sat ride up there as well.

Caleb

I was thinking I'd like to be up there around 10 or so. Depending on how the trails actually are, I would be happy to come meet you when you got up there but I doubt I'll stay late enough to meet up with the guys riding at 6.