The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Not sure if its official but I rode up to tibble last night and the post at the bridge where the single track starts no longer has a green sign on it stating the trails are closed to all but foot traffic. It was there Friday evening and I can't imagine the trails dried out this weekend:)

Cascadia

Undecided
Not sure if its official but I rode up to tibble last night and the post at the bridge where the single track starts no longer has a green sign on it stating the trails are closed to all but foot traffic. It was there Friday evening and I can't imagine the trails dried out this weekend:)
So did you turn around there and not try it out?

sixstringsteve

I drove up today and the lady at the kiosk said she had no clue what was open and what wasn't. Nice.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
At 5:44... I rode thru a wash that ran down the trail and the bars started whipping back & forth. The video doesn't look that bad, but I almost lost it. It took everything I had to control the bars and keep the bike up! :eek:

Yeah... seem to have slowed down noticeably after that. I do exactly the same thing! Fun looking ride. I'm jealous of the riding areas you have locally in Fruita.

Jared

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Yeah... seem to have slowed down noticeably after that. I do exactly the same thing! Fun looking ride. I'm jealous of the riding areas you have locally in Fruita.

Jared

Yep, I really thought I was going to pile it up right there! Middle of nowhere too, wouldn't have been pretty, I'm sure. I was going too fast... but taking everything slow is no fun, is it? :D

I love living here, lots of places to ride on a plated dual sport.

D

Deleted member 12904

Didn't get to ride this weekend so I tossed the light rack on the drz and headed up to do a few hours of trail riding. The road was closed with all kinds of emergency vehicles and the rain came in so I turned around at grantsville res. it was dark on the way home and the lights are awesome. I think I rode 80% and it was raining really good also.

2013-05-19_20-50-19_88_zpsdb456b4a.jpg

jentzschman

Didn't get to ride this weekend so I tossed the light rack on the drz and headed up to do a few hours of trail riding. The road was closed with all kinds of emergency vehicles and the rain came in so I turned around at grantsville res. it was dark on the way home and the lights are awesome. I think I rode 80% and it was raining really good also.

2013-05-19_20-50-19_88_zpsdb456b4a.jpg

Using that battery pack from ebay? How did it perform with the light bars?

D

Deleted member 12904

How bright are they? That was a sweet rack you built for those light bars. Does it add much weight to the front and/or effect steering or handling?
They are really bright. 6400 lm with the pair. I did feel the weight but just turned up the stabilizer a few clicks and forgot about it after a min of riding.

Keep in mind this setup draws 80 watts so even with a stator your bike could not run this set up.

jentzschman

They are really bright. 6400 lm with the pair. I did feel the weight but just turned up the stabilizer a few clicks and forgot about it after a min of riding.

Keep in mind this setup draws 80 watts so even with a stator your bike could not run this set up.

Oh I know, I was just curious is all. Sweet set up for sure.