The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jentzschman

Had a fun quick ride up squaw peak road today towards Hobble Creek. Temperature was perfect and only one real muddy patch even with all the rain. We eventually hit snow. On the way back I wanted to try trail 060 again. Last time I rode it a week ago I only made it about 200 meters. Today we made it a little more than 1.5 miles. Very fun uphill, rocky, in aspens trail. Eventually we made it to the base of where all the grooves are cut in the mountain. Below Provo peak. That will be a crazy fun trail once the snow is all gone. I only got 2 pics of where I turned around.

Yep great ride! Here are a few pics:

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368920765001.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368920765001.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 22
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368920774872.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368920774872.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 20
  • uploadfromtaptalk1368920785397.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368920785397.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17

STAG

This is where we his snow and had to turn around. Altimeter said elevation was 8202'.

image_zps0fad102f.jpg

And this is the only other pic I snagged, overlooking Rock Canyon.
image_zps67a33166.jpg

I found out today I need a LOT of single track practice. I slid off the trail once really good and had to wait for everyone to come back and help me back on the trail, then once more a little later on but only let the front tire slide off this time. Lol.

Cascadia

Undecided
To your defense Chance, that was some pretty narrow single track where you went off. I almost went off a few times but leaned just enough to pull it back at the last second.

STAG

Yeah I tweaked with my suspension, we'll see if that and some dry dirt helps. What is everybody running for tire PSI?

STAG

That's an awesome pic I'll definitely have to make sure I make it to the top next time. And I havnt checked mine but they seem over-inflated.

D

Deleted member 12904

Yeah I tweaked with my suspension, we'll see if that and some dry dirt helps. What is everybody running for tire PSI?
I run 12-18 in front depending on what I'm doing usually 16. And 12-16 in back usually 13-14ish. It's more then most run but traction isn't ever really an issue for me and I hate getting flats.

Caleb

I never run above 15 in either of my tires. Infact, most of the time I'm single digit in the rear (8-9psi) and never above 12 in the rear. I've only ever had one flat while riding. I used to run 15+ and I couldn't stand how little traction I had in cornering, dropped the psi a few and all of sudden it was hooking up way better.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Video... as always, watch in HD!

[video=youtube;MNQSQJkZpuM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNQSQJkZpuM[/video]

Just a few notes about the video...

At 2:37 and 2:43 there were a couple of high-speed rollers... caught air on them both, the first one felt pretty big, but the video doesn't do it any justice. The big 690 takes to flight (and landing) surprisingly well!

At 2:58... the Sand... I was running street pressure (25 psi) with a set of TKC80's, not really 'dunes' tires. The bike isn't small and it was all over the place... but it was still fun. There were 3 guys out there riding, they were looking at me like I was nuts. :D

At 5:44... I rode thru a wash that ran down the trail and the bars started whipping back & forth. The video doesn't look that bad, but I almost lost it. It took everything I had to control the bars and keep the bike up! :eek:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Wow you were all over the place in the sand lol

I think having the camera mounted on the rear makes it look worse that it actually was, since I was using the throttle to turn... the big drops and dips tossed the bike around pretty good too. I'm sure if I aired down, it would have been more controlled... but why air down for 5 min of fun in the sand, out of a big 120+ mile ride?