The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

GAR

Steve, what time are you planning on starting tonight? I'm trying to leave early to meet you there

sixstringsteve

Here is who is going:

Pelygroso
Jentschman
sixstringsteve
Gar
Glockman

And possibly kyle. I haven't heard from him yet.

Let's say 530 @ tibble.

Last edited:

sixstringsteve

k. We're meeting @ 5:30 @ tibble. We will ride 40 up to the switchbacks, then the switchbacks up. Turn right @ top of switchbacks, then turn left to cut down the ridge and across cascade springs rd. I'm sure you can catch us if you're not too far back.

Cascadia

Undecided
Had an awesome ride today with Russ, Cheston, Jared, and some of Russ' buddies. We didn't get 100 miles like planned but we got 80 miles and it was some fast paced amazing single track.

I rode Russ' WR450 for a little bit so he could check out my bike and boy am I glad I have a 250. Major props to those that ride a 450 or bigger bike. I only ride it for 5-10 miles but it whooped me like nothing has whooped me before. I was so worn out on that bike but Russ and Cheston ride those bikes like pros.

I even managed to wreck his bike a few times and lose part of a hand guard. At least I didn't lose his plate like someone else.

All in all it was a great day. We did a 38 mile loop, came back to the trucks for probably 20 minutes, then headed back out for a 42 mile loop. Can't wait to get back there.

Here's some pics from the day:
IMG_0956.JPGIMG_0964.jpgIMG_0963.jpgIMG_0962.jpgIMG_0961.jpg

Anybody have any idea what this dead animal is hanging in the tree? Had some nasty teeth!
IMG_0960.JPG

IMG_0959.jpgIMG_0958.jpgIMG_0957.jpgIMG_0965.JPG

Last edited:

Cascadia

Undecided
A few more:

Russ knows more about this but it is water running from Strawberry to SLC. Pretty cool. Supposedly you used to be able to tube down these.

IMG_0968.jpgIMG_0967.JPGIMG_0966.jpgIMG_0969.JPG

Russ trying to catch a brake and cool off from not being able to keep up with me all day. ;)
IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

Cascadia

Undecided
Looks like some awesome loops. Is there a way to download that track? I'd like to overlay it with some riding I did up around Strawberry a couple years ago to see how far apart they are.
Russ told me about the app. This is the first time I've used it. He probably knows all about it if you want to get a hold of him.

Tonkaman

So what is the updated Memorial Day riding schedule? I'd like to ride every day just trying to decide where to go.

Lets fill in established rides this for this weekend.
Friday-?
Saturday- Delta, Stansbury
Sunday-?
Monday-?

zukijames

I'm heading up af tomorrow , probably just with my dog unless someone else is going up . After last ride i said I won't go again with out new front brakes, chain and sprockets and oil change but just found out I've got tomorrow off