The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jentzschman

Trevor, all of yesterday's ride I was thinking "We're going to have to wait 10 min for Trevor to catch up. THen I'd turn around and you'd be right there with us. Seriously, great job. Your bike is getting dialed, and your riding is incredible for the short time you've been riding. I know it took me about 3 years of riding to be able to ride like you do.

You are very kind Steve. You have been a great teacher!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Last nights ride was great. Trevor you really are rockin. I second Steve's comment. We were going pretty quick everywhere and you were never even 1 minute behind. I rarely crash and we were going fast enough that I bit it pretty good. Not sure if its broken but my toe is black today and swollen pretty good.

Tyson, Russ when are you riding that loop again. I want in! I have ridden a little up there but that looks like you hit all the good spots on one ride. I like to cover some miles like that in a fast or at least steady paced ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zukijames

Didn't make it far but what I did get I ride I had a blast

took 040 turned around just a little before it turns to 157.. I think
maybe a mile or 2 after this

coming up its a sharp right turn between 2 trees or over a long and around the trees , kinda steep
D99ECBCB-D5E2-4474-9B81-F82B55989D94-1769-00000231A55EC6ED_zpsf0a39267.jpg

The dog did great I let him off 2 times on the way up but that was mostly to give me a break

jentzschman

Last nights ride was great. Trevor you really are rockin. I second Steve's comment. We were going pretty quick everywhere and you were never even 1 minute behind. I rarely crash and we were going fast enough that I bit it pretty good. Not sure if its broken but my toe is black today and swollen pretty good.

Tyson, Russ when are you riding that loop again. I want in! I have ridden a little up there but that looks like you hit all the good spots on one ride. I like to cover some miles like that in a fast or at least steady paced ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was great riding with everyone. So looking forward to next week

sixstringsteve

Here's a video of our ride up AF Canyon. We didn't run into a single hiker, horseman, or dirt biker. There was a lone mountain biker that crossed our trail for a minute, but that was it.

As is the case with all GoPro videos, it never looks steep. However, if you pay attention to the angle of the trees (which grow straight up) you'll get a better idea of the steep parts.

[video=youtube;EXbRucuYcyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXbRucuYcyY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
You almost killed Grant! :p :rofl: Always fun to get a wreck on camera, even better when it's the guy in front of you! Looks like it was an absolute blast, I'm jealous! You have to love that loose, rocky uphill section of the Ridge Trail, towards the end of the video! The Kawasaki hybrid seems to be working perfect for trail riding Steve.

Boy, the AFC trails look like they're in prime shape. Makes me want to come up and ride it soon!

sixstringsteve

I couldn't be happier with my hybrid. It's such a fun bike. I rode tyler's KTM 300 XC, and while I liked it, I like my hybrid more. (probably because it's what I'm used to).

Come on up. We ride every thursday night. There was plenty of light at 9 PM, we didn't even need our headlights. 3.5 hours is plenty of time to screw around up there.

Let's plan a night ride up there again.

jentzschman

So the agenda for tomorrow for those are coming with me Is we're going to meet at my place at 9 a.m. We're going to have a decent size group And the trails for my place up to the trailhead can get dusty So anyone that's not interested in riding in the dust for 7 miles Can just head up to the trailhead another load there. My uncle has no interest in doing the West Canyon to davenport section of the trail so we're going to start at Davenport.

List of riders
Myself
Uncle Steve
Andrew
Dugfab
Jentzschman
Speedyvic

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I might be hanging with family tomorrow. If I'm not as your house at 9 then don't wait.

Tonkaman

I got out to AFC a little after noon today and rode for almost 5 hours. Zukijames I passed you at the entrance booth just as you were leaving, I love seeing that dog drive you around! I started at Tibble Fork parking area, and it was full of parked vehicles. I started up trail 40, onto 157, then up 38 until the snow stopped me just over the summit. Back down 157 was also covered in snow just after the 39 turn so I headed down 39. Once I hit the bottom I turned back up 181 trying to reach 157 again but I hit snow shortly after the intersection at the top. I turned back down 181 and at the intersection of 181 and 39 I continued along an overgrown trail heading south. The further down this trail I got the more I realized I was the first of the season. I had tall grass over the top of my bike on both sides, and several down trees I had to lift my bike over. As the trail climbed back up the other side it got rougher and tighter until I could barely squeeze thru all of the trees then suddenly I popped out right onto 157 again. I went back 157 then turned down trail 41 till I was back at Tibble Fork. The entire trip I didn't pass one single motorcycle only a few hikers, it was a great day of riding

jentzschman

I got out to AFC a little after noon today and rode for almost 5 hours. Zukijames I passed you at the entrance booth just as you were leaving, I love seeing that dog drive you around! I started at Tibble Fork parking area, and it was full of parked vehicles. I started up trail 40, onto 157, then up 38 until the snow stopped me just over the summit. Back down 157 was also covered in snow just after the 39 turn so I headed down 39. Once I hit the bottom I turned back up 181 trying to reach 157 again but I hit snow shortly after the intersection at the top. I turned back down 181 and at the intersection of 181 and 39 I continued along an overgrown trail heading south. The further down this trail I got the more I realized I was the first of the season. I had tall grass over the top of my bike on both sides, and several down trees I had to lift my bike over. As the trail climbed back up the other side it got rougher and tighter until I could barely squeeze thru all of the trees then suddenly I popped out right onto 157 again. I went back 157 then turned down trail 41 till I was back at Tibble Fork. The entire trip I didn't pass one single motorcycle only a few hikers, it was a great day of riding

I got confused, you went where? :D

Tonkaman

So the agenda for tomorrow for those are coming with me Is we're going to meet at my place at 9 a.m. We're going to have a decent size group And the trails for my place up to the trailhead can get dusty So anyone that's not interested in riding in the dust for 7 miles Can just head up to the trailhead another load there. My uncle has no interest in doing the West Canyon to davenport section of the trail so we're going to start at Davenport.

List of riders
Myself
Uncle Steve
Andrew
Dugfab
Jentzschman
Speedyvic

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mind if I join you?