The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

D

Deleted member 12904

So the agenda for tomorrow for those are coming with me Is we're going to meet at my place at 9 a.m. We're going to have a decent size group And the trails for my place up to the trailhead can get dusty So anyone that's not interested in riding in the dust for 7 miles Can just head up to the trailhead another load there. My uncle has no interest in doing the West Canyon to davenport section of the trail so we're going to start at Davenport.

List of riders
Myself
Uncle Steve
Andrew
Dugfab
Jentzschman
Speedyvic

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

sixstringsteve

Trevor, all of yesterday's ride I was thinking "We're going to have to wait 10 min for Trevor to catch up. THen I'd turn around and you'd be right there with us. Seriously, great job. Your bike is getting dialed, and your riding is incredible for the short time you've been riding. I know it took me about 3 years of riding to be able to ride like you do.

sixstringsteve

have fun james. The trail above forest lake had a bunch of snow. I recommend taking 40 (the bridge just past tibble) and riding up until you hit 157 towards 252. No trees, no mud, super fun trail.

sixstringsteve

Having no front brake makes me kinda nervous

It should, they're kind of important. Try tightening the cable at the lever. There is a barrell adjuster. Unscrew it a good 5-6 turns and see if that makes your brake come back. Fortunately on an xr200, the engine does a great job of braking for you.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
Thanks Greg. I also have a link to the gps file if anyone wants to check it out. The gps is a little off but it got the route right. My bike odo said 80 miles.
http://alltrails.com/track/3561-diamond-fork

Thanks for posting the pics and alltrails!

I think that was one of the funnest rides Ive been on. It was long but awesome. Im a little sore today but not bad. Pics dont do justice to how beautiful it is up there.

The group was really fast. I was pushing myself to keep up.

I had two pretty decent crashes. One I was just coming around a corner on flat ground with a little speed and a rock was dislodged under my front tire and down I went. Hurt both my wrists on that fall. Right one hurts pretty good still today. Second one I was following one of Russ' friends way to close. It was way dusty. There was a rocky section that I didnt see and I ran into a big rock and stopped me dead in my tracks. Caught my junk on the gas tank as I headed up over the handle bars. HA! I bet it was a sight to see but no one was right behind me at the time.

SOOO glad I went on this ride.