The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I got out to AFC a little after noon today and rode for almost 5 hours. Zukijames I passed you at the entrance booth just as you were leaving, I love seeing that dog drive you around! I started at Tibble Fork parking area, and it was full of parked vehicles. I started up trail 40, onto 157, then up 38 until the snow stopped me just over the summit. Back down 157 was also covered in snow just after the 39 turn so I headed down 39. Once I hit the bottom I turned back up 181 trying to reach 157 again but I hit snow shortly after the intersection at the top. I turned back down 181 and at the intersection of 181 and 39 I continued along an overgrown trail heading south. The further down this trail I got the more I realized I was the first of the season. I had tall grass over the top of my bike on both sides, and several down trees I had to lift my bike over. As the trail climbed back up the other side it got rougher and tighter until I could barely squeeze thru all of the trees then suddenly I popped out right onto 157 again. I went back 157 then turned down trail 41 till I was back at Tibble Fork. The entire trip I didn't pass one single motorcycle only a few hikers, it was a great day of riding

Dude, I was sitting at home twiddling my thumbs. I wish I would have known you were going. I need to ride more with some above my skill level like you.

jentzschman

I couldn't be happier with my hybrid. It's such a fun bike. I rode tyler's KTM 300 XC, and while I liked it, I like my hybrid more. (probably because it's what I'm used to).

Come on up. We ride every thursday night. There was plenty of light at 9 PM, we didn't even need our headlights. 3.5 hours is plenty of time to screw around up there.

Let's plan a night ride up there again.

I tracked 2 hours 45 mins, but you went up further, and ~26 miles using Google tracks... Pretty good ride for sure.

zukijames

I got out to AFC a little after noon today and rode for almost 5 hours. Zukijames I passed you at the entrance booth just as you were leaving, I love seeing that dog drive you around

i figured that was you . Wanted to turn around I wasn't done riding by my sprocket was toast. The last light I stopped at before I got home.. I didn't think it was going to get going chain just spinning cars coming ha.

new chain and sprockets on,now just an oil change and I'm ready to ride

Tonkaman

Dude, I was sitting at home twiddling my thumbs. I wish I would have known you were going. I need to ride more with some above my skill level like you.

Well I did post up that I wanted to ride every day this weekend.... Sorry dude I wish I would have given you a shout first. I dont have any riding plans for sunday or monday yet if you want to go out let me know

Tonkaman

i figured that was you . Wanted to turn around I wasn't done riding by my sprocket was toast. The last light I stopped at before I got home.. I didn't think it was going to get going chain just spinning cars coming ha.

new chain and sprockets on,now just an oil change and I'm ready to ride

Oh man you got your moneys worth out of that set. Better get that oil changed for the next ride

jentzschman

Well, my 20 minute ride at Stansbury was great. I think I blew my piston, at least I hope that's is all. No oil leaking from the case. Kick starter feels ok and will still lick over. I can hear some chunking sound at what seems like the top end. Spark plug had zero white ash or signs of running lean from what I could tell, which seems weird.... Pics to come later tonight.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

D

Deleted member 12904

Well, my 20 minute ride at Stansbury was great. I think I blew my piston, at least I hope that's is all. No oil leaking from the case. Kick starter feels ok and will still lick over. I can hear some chunking sound at what seems like the top end. Spark plug had zero white ash or signs of running lean from what I could tell, which seems weird.... Pics to come later tonight.

Sorry about your bike. Snow was passable this time. Made it to Hickman before uncle Steve called uncle.

2013-05-25_10-43-30_494_zps2ef2a735.jpg

Tonkaman

I had a great time exploring the Stansbury front trail today. I recommend this trail for anyone looking to do easy/moderate single track. Thanks for letting me tag along today

SpeedyVic

Sorry about your bike. Snow was passable this time. Made it to Hickman before uncle Steve called uncle.

2013-05-25_10-43-30_494_zps2ef2a735.jpg

It was a beautiful day to ride! Great trail!

I had a great time exploring the Stansbury front trail today. I recommend this trail for anyone looking to do easy/moderate single track. Thanks for letting me tag along today

It was great riding with you!

Hope that the rebuild is quick and painless! See you next time!

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
I am disappointed we only got 80 miles in. We had a great time.

My butt isn't disappointed only getting in 80 miles at all! I wore padded motorcycle shorts and still have a bruised and scabbed over butt... seriously. My tailbone may never be the same either. The ride was awesome, but I don't think I was mentally prepared to ride that fast for such an extended time with zero breaks. After several hours at that pace, I found myself getting sloppy and reacting poorly to the trail. I had to slow up near the end to avoid getting myself hurt. Certainly a learning experience.

Thanks, Tyson, for posting those photos and GPS track!

Jared

193kyle

Actually, I doubt it will. We thought for sure it would be crowded up there today and we saw two hiker groups, two mnt bikers, and three other dirtbikers (two of them were Kyle and his wife...I think wife :D). Great riding today, covered quite a bit of ground.

http://alltrails.com/tracks/track-may-26-1147-am

Yeah, that was my wife, we had an awesome ride today, the trails were not busy at all.

rholbrook

My butt isn't disappointed only getting in 80 miles at all! I wore padded motorcycle shorts and still have a bruised and scabbed over butt... seriously. My tailbone may never be the same either. The ride was awesome, but I don't think I was mentally prepared to ride that fast for such an extended time with zero breaks. After several hours at that pace, I found myself getting sloppy and reacting poorly to the trail. I had to slow up near the end to avoid getting myself hurt. Certainly a learning experience.

Thanks, Tyson, for posting those photos and GPS track!

Jared

you realize the average age of my riding group is in the low 50s. Marks neighbor came who just got off his mission 2 weeks ago. Other than that we are all old farts that like to ride. Can't say I never warned you

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
you realize the average age of my riding group is in the low 50s. Marks neighbor came who just got off his mission 2 weeks ago. Other than that we are all old farts that like to ride. Can't say I never warned you

I love getting my butt kicked by guys in their 50's. It just means I have 20 years to get better:)

Is anyone riding tomorrow? I've got no buddies with running bikes right now and am looking for people to ride with. I'm in park city, but can travel easy. 28, been riding trail on and off for 10 years, ktm 450.