The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

STAG

Sorry I couldn't make it last night Steve, I didn't get home til 8 and I am not familiar at all with AF Canyon so I am sure I would not have been able to find you, where exactly is the summit that you speak of?

Caleb

We had a fun ride up AF. I discovered a new (to me) trail that connects the summit to aspen grove. Rosa did extremely well.

Down the west side? We've rode that before, a few years ago. It wasn't that fun and we got a lot of crusties from hikers in the area so we've just avoided it since. Was it good riding?

I might be riding Sunday, if anyone is interested, post up.

sixstringsteve

It was slow and pretty with some technical switchbacks. We didn't see any hikers but if we had I'm sure they would have been mad. Its definitely not a fast trail, but I enjoyed it. Its south west from the summit. When taking that really short dirt trail from cascade springs to the summit, it branches off yo the left, about 50 feet from the end. It was all downhill. It would be fun to take the opposite direction.

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Made a big-bike ride today with a group of GJ locals from ADVRider.com... we made a loop from Grand Junction, down Unaweep Canyon to Gateway, then up John Brown and over the La Sal mountains. I was having battery issues and some of the other guys split off different directions, so we didn't quite make the full planned trip. Myself and John (On the 950 Adventure) bailed down Castle Valley, up Hwy 128 and caught the freeway and old highway back to GJ. 160 miles total for the day... would have been closer to 250 had we made the whole ride we had planned! My 690 was the small bike out of the group! :eek:

P1010192%20%28Large%29-XL.jpg

P1010194%20%28Large%29-XL.jpg

P1010195%20%28Large%29-XL.jpg

P1010196%20%28Large%29-XL.jpg

My old V-Strom! -

P1010197%20%28Large%29-XL.jpg

Mark's Yamaha Super Tenere!

P1010198%20%28Large%29-XL.jpg

The other Mark's brand new 990 Adventure!

P1010199%20%28Large%29-XL.jpg

Short video to come....

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I found my new favorite trail today. We rode trail 15 to trail 009 up by sheep creek. Then a couple loops after that. Temps were awesome, scenery was awesome and the company was awesome. One of my best rides ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Caleb

[video=youtube;sOMEnK0DhhM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOMEnK0DhhM[/video]

Gorgeous scenery. Many more videos like that and I'll be forced to pick up a new 800 :D. I love that area. I was looking at our tracks and pictures of our Moab - Fruita - Moab ride and it really made me want to do it again.

Moabxjeeper

Went up to Bountiful and rode Old Ward Canyon, to the top gate by Sessions Mountain, and then down and back up 606.

Let me just say I've had better rides than 606. I was on a bike that I'm fairly unfamiliar with, there was a stream running down the middle of the trail, and I realized going back up that said bike desperately needs new tires. All in all, we still made it out and had fun and got to see some new stuff.

rholbrook

Went up to Bountiful and rode Old Ward Canyon, to the top gate by Sessions Mountain, and then down and back up 606.

Let me just say I've had better rides than 606. I was on a bike that I'm fairly unfamiliar with, there was a stream running down the middle of the trail, and I realized going back up that said bike desperately needs new tires. All in all, we still made it out and had fun and got to see some new stuff.

What were you riding. I may have passed you?

i crashed really hard and ended up getting x-rays of my ribs. So far they are negative but that was from the words of a nurse practitioner. They are sending them out to get looked at by a radiologist.

rholbrook

I found my new favorite trail today. We rode trail 15 to trail 009 up by sheep creek. Then a couple loops after that. Temps were awesome, scenery was awesome and the company was awesome. One of my best rides ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
im in with you on these again Chad. I love that ride

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Gorgeous scenery. Many more videos like that and I'll be forced to pick up a new 800 :D. I love that area. I was looking at our tracks and pictures of our Moab - Fruita - Moab ride and it really made me want to do it again.

It was a fun ride, the V-Strom left us at Gateway and stayed on pavement. I wanted to do an easier ride, similar to our Moab-Fruita-Moab ride, but it didn't quite pan out. The other bikes had street tires and while I wanted to ride down the Hideout road to Onion Creek, we decided to play it safe and stick with the easier roads. The Yamaha Super Tenere was bitchen, but huge!

I've got to say, the 690 rocks in the dirt. It seems like it's much easier to ride fast than the bigger bikes and doesn't seems to give up much on the road.

Moabxjeeper

What were you riding. I may have passed you?

i crashed really hard and ended up getting x-rays of my ribs. So far they are negative but that was from the words of a nurse practitioner. They are sending them out to get looked at by a radiologist.

Wow that sucks man, where did you go down at? I was riding my dad's YZ450F. My bike is out of order for the present time as I broke one of the chain adjuster bolts. :(

Here's a pic of when we made it out. Sorry for the Polaris, if only I knew Photoshop..

Moabxjeeper

Just a couple more pics:

Down at the mine in the bottom. Anybody been back in there? It looks like it goes on for a ways but it was all flooded so we didn't go in

Sloppy mess on the trail. It took a second to get back up but we made it.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I want to try these trails with you guys sometime.

I work next saturday and will be out of town the following weekend so it will be a few weeks but I will be riding these trails as much as I can. You would love them Steve. They are smooth, minimal rocks and the scenery is just beautiful. Plus there are lots of miles of trail. We only rode the very north end and got 30 miles in. My 13 year old rode with us and did awesome on his yz85. He's hooked on single track now.

Cascadia

Undecided
Anyone been up Mineral Fork this year yet? Wanting to get up there to peak at some mines and get the bike out too :D
I haven't but wouldn't mind tagging along if you decide to. I'm sure I could learn some stuff from you of the area. Let me know if you're going to head up sometime this week.