The upcoming moto ride/quick report.

jentzschman

I have ridden parts of the Oregon Trail through there but never any single track.

There is a bunch of places to ride in that area. My little ridding group has talked about riding up there before but other than the Bad Lands we have not made it out there before. The Bad Lands are outside of Mountain View on the way to Flaming Gorge.

There are also some dunes there. Its called Killpecker I think. Its a name you never forget. Try getting on Thumper Talk, I am sure you can find something on there. Tomorrow my buddies are going out of Driggs for some single track but of course, I am home being sad and sore.

Curious, where is driggs?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Went out for a ride on the 690 again today, with a local friend Uli... he was on his KTM 950 Super Enduro! We went up to the Uncompahgre and found our own adventure... lots of rocks, deep sand (felt like we were racing Dakar!), awesome canyons and washes and even some water. We eventually found some high elevation and cool weather, which was part of the goal. The trails were extremely dry, so much dust!

I ended up with a gas line that leaked real bad, 2 different times. I'm pretty sure I lost 3 gallons by the time we repaired it, since the leaks happened while we were riding and I was following most of the time. At one point on a small trail, we were launching of water berms and eventually my bars started to rotate down. We had to stop, rotate the bars back forward and then tighten then them back down. I rode into town with 20 miles on the odometer since the low fuel light came on, topped of the tank and headed for some refreshments... it was a dusty, dry ride.

After getting something to eat and drink, we headed out to the bikes... Uli had accidentally left his high-dollar LED lights on and his SE was DEAD! I had to push start him in the parking lot! Hahaaaa... I ended up with about 130 miles on the bike for the day and was covered in so much dust... my eyes hurt & they're red.

Pics from the day-

1053281_10151531724607746_1671125688_o.jpg

1040317_10151531724782746_1449257327_o.jpg

1052674_10151531724897746_942294831_o.jpg

Here's a link to the tracks... - http://alltrails.com/tracks/unca

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Did you take a spin on the SE? That thing is a rocket!!

No, I'd probably just hurt myself! The guy riding it is a handful of inches taller than me... and I'm not small at 6'4"! Any how, he would have to get a run at the bike just to get on it! You would love that SE, it's got a Safari Tank, aftermarket Faring and several other awesome mods.

He was rock solid riding the thing. We rode some pretty rocky, technical trails... pretty impressive for how big it is. I was launching my 690 off the water berms, but he was still getting air on that beast of a bike.

I would like to drag race a Super Enduro or an Adventure 950/990 on my 690... I know I would get beat, but I bet I wouldn't be too far behind! That 690 is QUICK!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Did a spin last week up Buckland ridge trail Monday night.

hoped on skyline and rode up to the Session's gate. It was closed so I went down to Tuttle loop and ran it. There was some deadfall on the backside that made it real interesting.

And also a downed tree that tried to take my head off. I think I may go back up there with a chain saw and cut it in half.

I rode out to the snowline and turned back and rode skyline back to the opposite side of the closed sessions gate.

Rather than risk killing myself all alone down the backside of Tuttle loop I drug my bike under the gate to get out and rode back down buckland ridge to get to the bottom.

Pretty challenging ride.

Last edited:

Moabxjeeper

hoped on skyline and rode up to the Session's gate. It was closed so I went down to Tuttle loop and ran it.

Man, when do they usually open those gates? I'd really like to get back in there on the Session's Mountain road. I heard somewhere that it hooks up with the Great Western Trail somewhere and overlooks East Canyon, but that it's a pretty long ride. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, I didn't know the Tuttle Loop was an actual loop. I thought you just had to come up the way you came in?

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Man, when do they usually open those gates? I'd really like to get back in there on the Session's Mountain road. I heard somewhere that it hooks up with the Great Western Trail somewhere and overlooks East Canyon, but that it's a pretty long ride. Can anyone confirm that?

Also, I didn't know the Tuttle Loop was an actual loop. I thought you just had to come up the way you came in?

I haven't been up there in a week but usually they are open when the snow melts enough so the roads are dry.

If there is a way to get onto the great western trail I don't know it, but I'd love to find out!

Tuttle loop kicks you onto Sessions Drive about 3 miles or so after the gate.